High Sierra and Wacom tablets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Sierra and Wacom tablets

Just as I was thinking about installing High Sierra on my iMac, I found out about this on the Wacom website.

Driver for 10.13 High Sierra

Apple has announced 10.13 High Sierra will be released September 25th. Wacom is currently working on a new driver update to support the new operating system. The new Wacom driver will be ready by late October at the latest. Due to nature of the changes in High Sierra, the existing Wacom driver for 10.12 will not work. To continue to use your tablet uninterrupted, Wacom suggests not to upgrade to 10.13 until the new driver is released. Once released the update will appear in the Wacom Desktop Center and posted on the Wacom driver page found here.

John

Re: High Sierra and Wacom tablets

Thanks for the update John, most helpful.
    Colin

Comment

Wacom have now released a driver for Mac OS 10.13. As yet I haven't installed 10.13.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny48 View Post
        As yet I haven't installed 10.13.
        Installed with no problems on my MacBook Retina ... just check the various notes regarding the conversion to new Apple file system before you begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
          Installed with no problems on my MacBook Retina ... just check the various notes regarding the conversion to new Apple file system before you begin.
          Thanks for that info. A friend who is far more au fait with Macs than me (not that that's difficult) has had lots of problems, including Nik software not working and constant crashes. Just wondered if you have Nik suite.

John

Comment

John, if you want Nik to work, as I did from PhotoShop, then the trick is to change the settings in the Plugin to change what clicking OK does from creating a new layer to saving in the current layer. See the comment from Clement Pijls here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photo...-etsmbuo0hurcg

This works fine for me and means another year or so use of these, invaluable to my mind, plugins.
            EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Thanks Andy. It does seem very hit and miss as to whether or not they will work though.

John

Comment

Ah, that could be the photoshop version. I'm using CS6 and they all work fine. With CC it may not be as reliable :-(
                EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny48 View Post
                  Just wondered if you have Nik suite.

John
                  I have several photo apps installed but don’t use Nik ... the main issues regarding the new file system relate to configurations with fusion drives where a beta has been installed - the file system was supported on fusion in beta but not (yet) in final. If you have not previously installed a beta version of macOS then you should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X