Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem using Remote Live View Shooting with Canon Camera Connect with 5D Mark IV.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem using Remote Live View Shooting with Canon Camera Connect with 5D Mark IV.

Hello, I have a Canon Eos 5D mark IV. I am using the Canon Camera Connect app (latest version) and I can successfully connect the 5Dmark IV to my iPhone 6 and view and download my images but when I try to use the remote live view function shooting function I get the following message

“Cannot use this function with the current settings on this camera for images viewable via connection' and the function is disabled. "

Can anyone help? I have downloaded the latest version of the Canon Camera Connect App.

So what is wrong with my camera settings? I have my camera set to AV mode.

Joan Ransley jk.ransley@gmail.com

Re: Problem using Remote Live View Shooting with Canon Camera Connect with 5D Mark IV

Hi Joan
    Sorry can't help you on that, I'm still getting to grips with my MkIV
    Think you may be better putting this question in the 'General Photo Discussion'
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Re: Problem using Remote Live View Shooting with Canon Camera Connect with 5D Mark IV

Check “Live view shoot” on page 3 of red menu (on camera, not app) ... is it set to “Enable”?

Comment

This may sound silly too as I know it’s not using the phone camera but do you need to enable the app on the phone to have access to the camera and the microphone. Sometimes apps are set so you have to enable this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Andy
        Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
        EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
        [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Many thanks fro your helpful comments. I have solved the problem by resetting the WiFi settings which can be found in the 'Wrench' menu (no 4). The two way communication between the camera and the iPhone now works fine.

Comment

Working...
          X