Thats Life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats Life!

Just thought I'd mention that I have not been able to take any new photos due to problems with my left knee- seems like I have got some moderate to severe arthritis. Walking any reasonable distance is painful to me. So the pictures I have been posting lately are ones which I took some time ago but did not bother to edit. I hope the medics will sort this problem out for me soon as photography kept me "going" since I fell ill a few years ago.

It is strange that I was OK last month- August- but since the beginning of Sept I have suddenly got this leg problem. I have been told that arthritic problems get come on/ get worse with the onset of the cold weather.

I might have to go in for knee replacement surgery, which I am not looking forward to at all.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Thats Life!

Nathaniel - I am sorry to hear of your problem - if it is any comfort to you, SWMBO had arthritis in her knee and had a half-knee replacement some years ago. She walked out of the hospital unaided after the op. and has not looked back - we have even been skiing!
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

I am sorry to hear it Nathaniel, but I am sure the "Indiana Jones" part of you will prevail.
      Colin

Comment

Thanks John; thats a great encouragement. The only problem I have re knee replacement op is the amount of medication I now take since my heart bypass op in 2000 & my stroke in 2009. I might therefore be considered as not suitable for such surgery. However, I am going to pursue this.
        Colin, it is my Indiana Jones part which has kept me going since the beginning of this month but the pain etc has got worse now. I have also got some photographic assignments in October for a Chorale Society in Colwyn Bay as well as for a Tenovus (Cancer) concert in November. I do not wish to let down these good people.
        Last edited by Nathaniel; 28-09-2017, 08:25.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Sorry to here that nat ,though if it's any help and you can drive ?? You could always use your car as a portable hide .i.e. The beach at pensarn is a hot spot for gulls and terns at the moment ,there are quiet a few other places that will give close access without leaving the car

Comment

Will be keeping you in my prayers Nat.

Comment

All the best Nathaniel.
              Dave
              Dave , France 79

Comment

After all you have been through in the past, this will be a mere hic- cup for you. Be back in the hides before you know it, keep your normal positive attitude. Dave.

Comment

Best of luck, Nat, and I am sure it will get sorted somehow and you'll be back in the game soon.

It sounds like you need to make a purchase too, if you don't already have one:
                  http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/indiana...ianajoneshats/

BTW, I feel you pain, literally, although mine is back-related, not knee, but it did keep me out of action on what was a lovely weekend just gone
                  Chris
                  80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

hope things work out for you mate
                    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks folk for all your good wishes & positivity! I have already been forced to pull out of my Stewarding duties at the North Wales International music festival which is currently taking place in my neck of the woods. I have always enjoyed music and something I miss and have missed this time round.
                      Chris I have noted your suggestions re a good purchase for me. I trust Colin C has also seen that collection of Indiana Jones hats!!

Comment

I trust Colin C has also seen that collection of Indiana Jones hats!!
                        Seen it? I bought one ................ much to Mrs C's annoyance!
                        Colin

Comment

Nathaniel,
                          I sympathise with your problem as I have had similar difficulties (cardiac problems and associated medication, together with a long-standing back problem). My family finally persuaded me to see a chiropractor - and I have found that his treatment has helped considerably. I can now go up and down stairs without difficulty and walking as a breeze. The chiropractor recopmmend that I apply Tiger Balm to my knees, which I have been doing, and I have found it helpful. If you have not considered this course of action then I suggest that you give it a try. Whatever you do, the very best of luck and a quick return to all the things which give you pleasure.
                          Martin
                          Last edited by MartinR; 30-09-2017, 22:47. Reason: Correct typo

Comment

Thanks Martin. I will certainly try Tiger Balm as I have heard of it's properties. Another Chiropractitioner recommended Weleda Massage Balm with Arnica. I am hoping to see my GP tomorrow and go in for a Cortisone injection to see if that helps before I try these balms. I am surprised how this came on so suddenly early last month as I went to the Gym regularly atleast once a week for one hour sessions- treadmill,cycling,rowing,backpush etc etc. I am presently applying Voltarol which has helped me a bit.

Comment

Nathan I do hope that your knee issues ease off soon, like many others I have bad arthritis in my knees & hips along with spinal problems for which Ive had surgery. At present I'm having physio for knees & hips so hoping it will help.
                              I have used arnica and it does ease the pain but physio said that if I try to strengthen the muscles around the joint it will help to support the knee.
                              Good luck with whatever treatment you try and hope you will be fit enough to fulfil your photographic jobs.

Sue

Comment

Working...
                              X