EOS magazine advert
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printing Paper

Default Re: Printing Paper

An interesting post Colin.

I have three printers, Canon ix6850 (A3), Canon 7250 (A4), and a very old Epson Stylus Photo R300, which must be getting on for 15 years old, and still going strong.

The two Canons, I use for Photo printing, albeit I don't print many, and the Epson for everyday printing.

I only use Canon ink, and paper in the Canon printers, but use 'third party' Jectec ink in the Epson, and have been doing so for over 10 years without any problems. Quite frankly, when I changed over to the Jetec ink, I could see no difference in the results compared to the original Epson results. Some of these Jetec prints are now over 10 years old, and still show no sign of degradation. I have saved a fortune by not using Epson originals.

As you know, paper profile is important. If I put Epson paper in the Canon printers, the results are inferior to when Canon Photoplus ll paper is used. Nothing wrong with Epson paper, just the profile is wrong for the Canon printers.

When I belonged to a club, a lot of competition entries were on Permajet paper. However, I gave up club membership quite a while ago, as they became more and more competition obsessed, and I realised just what subjective nonsense club competitions are. Many times, I saw the same prints entered in competitions, with different judges awarding totally different marks. They might be so called "qualified judges", but they are still human beings like the rest of us, and as such, have different preferences.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12