Wastwater boathouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wastwater boathouse

One from a five day Lakes trip back in April. This is the boathouse at the South Western end of Wastwater.
    Constructive criticism welcomed.

John
    [IMG]5D-5658-Edit-2.jpg by John Swanborough, on Flickr[/IMG]

Re: Wastwater boathouse

excellent work and I like the process you've used
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I just wish I knew which process I used Ian. Don't do much mono so just put it into Silver Efex and randomly moved some sliders around. Can never remember which sliders afterwards though.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny48 View Post
        I just wish I knew which process I used Ian. Don't do much mono so just put it into Silver Efex and randomly moved some sliders around. Can never remember which sliders afterwards though.

John
        LOL know that John. I've often edited images and then later on taken a similar shot and thought I know just the look I'm after, but struggle to find it again with sliders. I know we can create favorites but how many favorites can you have LOL
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Nice one John - I like the processing too. I missed that boathouse.
          - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Very nice John and beautifully processed. I also use Silver Efex for mono and like you, just play around until I get something I like.
            Colin

Comment

Thanks for comments Tony and Colin
              Originally posted by Tony Hawkins View Post
              I missed that boathouse.
              Tony, from where you took your wider view of Wastwater, you just needed to follow the path along the water's edge for about 300/400metres.

John

Comment

Thanks for comments Tony and Colin

Tony, from where you took your wider view of Wastwater, you just needed to follow the path along the water's edge for about 300/400metres.

John
                Towards the Youth Hostel or back up the lake? Useful to know for next time.
                - Tony

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

excellent composition and works well in mono as from the look of the sky, the light wasnt too good

Stan
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

Excellent, Silver Efex is an excellent bit of kit.
                    Patrick

Find me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/136664727@N04/

Comment

Lovely image, John, and great processing, whatever you did!
                      I can't click through to Flickr as its private - is this long exposure (the sky implies it was but the water less so)? And a minor thought but does your sensor or lens need a clean - there are a few bits and bobs in the sky?
                      Canon EOS 7D
                      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hawkins View Post
                        Towards the Youth Hostel or back up the lake? Useful to know for next time.
                        You were further up than I thought then Tony. You need to walk down past the hostel, then follow the shoreline to the left and then the right and the boathouse it at the end. you can't see it on Google Earth, as it's amongst the trees
                        Location is N54deg23.450, W3deg19.080. I know there must be a way of getting a 'deg' symbol up on a Mac but I can't find it at present.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                          excellent composition and works well in mono as from the look of the sky, the light wasnt too good.
                          Thanks Stan. Can't blame the light which wasn't too bad. Windy with fast moving clouds, which don't seem so bad on the colour version.

Originally posted by Reevo View Post
                          Excellent, Silver Efex is an excellent bit of kit.
                          Thanks Patrick.

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                          Lovely image, John, and great processing, whatever you did!
                          I can't click through to Flickr as its private - is this long exposure (the sky implies it was but the water less so)? And a minor thought but does your sensor or lens need a clean - there are a few bits and bobs in the sky?
                          Thanks Alex, the whole album was private but now public. It was a 200sec exposure. Yes there are a few spots, I think they were on the big stopper rather than the sensor (hopefully).

John

Comment

You were further up than I thought then Tony. You need to walk down past the hostel, then follow the shoreline to the left and then the right and the boathouse it at the end. you can't see it on Google Earth, as it's amongst the trees
                            Location is N54deg23.450, W3deg19.080. I know there must be a way of getting a 'deg' symbol up on a Mac but I can't find it at present.

John
                            Thanks John - will tuck that away for next time.
                            - Tony

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Great composition and processing

I would also love a means of saving the recipe used in Silver Efex plus the ability to reopen for edit a once saved image.

Cheers,
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X