A new member – well sort of …

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new member – well sort of …

I actually joined this forum in July 2012 and managed one introductory post before things became very, very difficult at work and I gave up on all online activity. Fast forward 4 years and my job was taking its toll on my health. So one day, as I was walking to work, I decided on the spur of the moment that enough was enough and I resigned.

There wasn’t a plan, but I knew that I could survive for some time without working, and I figured that having 3 or 4 months off would give me a chance to get back on my feet. It turned out to be 9 months before I did any more work, and that is just the occasional day’s consultancy - but it pays well.

To be honest I have never look back since that day I quit work and it seems that I can get by on far less than I expected too. Everything I have earned from consultancy work has been spent on holidays, days out, and some rather expensive bits of Canon kit that once upon a time I could never have justified buying

So it has taken me over 5 years to get round to writing my second post in this forum. I’ll try and do a little better with my third

Jennifer
    Jennifer

Photos on Flickr

Re: A new member – well sort of …

wow thats some leap, but glad you found your way and happiness and welcome back

looking forward to seeing your images
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Welcome back Jennifer I too look forward to seeing an image from your revitalised self.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I have started to put together a new Flickr page - but it is going to take some time. I may have stopped doing much online a few years back, but I never stopped taking photos Lots to catch up with on this forum too.
        Jennifer

Photos on Flickr

Comment

welcome back .look forward to seeing your stuff

Comment

Hello again and welcome back Jennifer.

It takes courage to make such life changing decisions and your has obviously worked out well. I gave up a stressful corporate position and retrained as a Carpenter and Joiner ................ couldn't be happier.
            Colin

Comment

Welcome back. Looking forward to your photos in due course.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Glad you are back & looking on Flickr, we should see some tidy shots from you soon.

Comment

Hello Jennifer and welcome back.
                  No experience is ever wasted so the last 5 years will have shaped you...... we look forward to seeing some interesting shots.
                  Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Welcome back Jennifer.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X