Racing - in the wet again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racing - in the wet again

Go on - have a guess what the weather was like for racing on Saturday. . . . . . it wasn't bright sunshine

Few I like - usual problem of picking just a few ;-)

#5 - just because I love the Vitesse

Rest are HERE if you're bored (really REALLY bored ;-) )

Thanks for looking

.DAVID.
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Re: Racing - in the wet again

Nice set in really trying conditions, have to say the gloom and the lights on do add something to #4.

Is it my imagination or is it that we as photographers notice it more but here in Lincolnshire, apart from the odd day, it has seemed cloudy and gloomy for weeks and weeks

Regards Paul

Comment

The gloom makes them more interesting for me :)

That'll be the mustard cloud then Paul.
      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

The yuk weather works for me. Much more difficulty compromising on your settings, but you pulled it off.

Love the Vitesse Estate in the last shot. Don't think I have ever seen one before.
        Colin

Comment

Nice set

Tom

Comment

You've not been lucky with the weather this year have you! Really like the symmetry in #1 and did it really get that dark #4!!

Paul.

1Dx, 400 f/2.8 ef 70-200 f/2.8 ef 15mm f/2.8 ef 24-70 f/2.8 mk1 1.4x 2x
            www.flickr.com/photos/fozzyimages/[/url] Website www.fozzyimages.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzy4 View Post
              You've not been lucky with the weather this year have you! Really like the symmetry in #1 and did it really get that dark #4!!

Paul.
              Hey Paul, just call me Mr Rain god lol. Yes it really did get dark very quickly although to be honest I did have the exposure comp down a tiny bit to keep the iso lower - although the mkII does handle the low light so much better than I'm used to.

Colin - I have only ever seen this one 'Vitesse estate / van' it really is unbelievably well looked after.

.DAVID.

Comment

I really like number 4 and how the rain just lights up in the beam.

Nice set.
                Andy
                Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
                EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
                [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Hi David I like the first image the most and would have a bit of fun myself with a crop of half the mini as the other cars have half as well for a dramatic look (just my view) I like the effect

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Comment

Good set David under the circumstances,dark clouds must follow you around; though i will have to get used to dark skies when the clocks go back not looking forwards to the next 4 months

Paul
                    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Thanks guys - sorry for the delay in replying -

Next week will be the really fun one, last meeting of the year for us and it's 'into the night' - must remember to take a torch with me this year to save tripping up in the dark lol

.DAVID.

Comment

Working...
                      X