Having another go with a film era lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having another go with a film era lens

As I rarely do any landscape work ,it’s not really a viable option for me to buy a expensive wide angle digital lens ,I have had a couple of manual m 42 lenses before ,but my grandson needed them for university work so I gave them to him ,.but I recently got the twitch again and after a lot of trolling through the bay of E ,and then doing general reviews on the lenses I settled on the chinon lenses as the most likely to suit giving availability and price ,delving further it seems there were two Japanese factories supplying different versions of the same items ..I finally settled on a 35mm f2.8 chinon from the hopefully better factory and ordered it last night ,I already have the adaptor so will update this tread when it arrives and for £30 it’s not going to break the bank if it goes tits up

Re: Having another go with a film era lens

The problem with that, surely, is with the iD MkIV it will have a field of view equivalent to 45 mm, so more like a standard lens than wide angle.
    EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

that was why I went for a 35mm Richard ,if thats o.k then a 28mm or wider will follow

Comment

For £60 quid and even less you can pick up Canon EF 18-55mm lenses , on that well known auction site . Gotta be better than those old M42 lenses I would think , and no messing with mounts . Not sure how this works on your camera though Jeff , as it`s not got the same crop factor as most has it ?

Comment

I think you will find those lenses are ef-s mark .so won't work on full frame and will also be a smaller aperture ,I already have a 28-105 tamron that works well .for when I need it just wanted to try with a wider aperture lens and allegedly better glass .time will tell .

and the worse way those chinon lenses seem to have a good re-sale value

Comment

O.k , was just a thought Jeff , would stick with the Tamron if it was me , though the other lenses sound fun in there own right .

Comment

It arrived today mark ,in what I can only describe in as new condition ,totally unmarked body and paint ,lens crystal clear no sign of any dust or haze in general a super buy .
              Took a few tests shots indoors ,but yesterday’s trip out has knocked me off my feet again ,doctors this morning ,nothing he can do got to let it run it’s course ,really getting m3 down now

Comment

You cant beat fast primes for flexibility.....hope you get back on your feet quickly!
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

That cold / flu bug seems rife , mine went in a couple of weeks , I had to work in a freezer warehouse through mine , maybe that helped kill it off . The Misses has had it for three weeks , seems to be over the worse now . Hope your better soon mate .

Comment

Keep away from the BPW LNR! Avian flu about!!!!! Hope you get better soon.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                    X