EOS magazine advert MPB advert

Thread: Canon EOS M6

Default Canon EOS M6

I have been looking for a smaller camera for those days when taking a full frame DSLR isnít necessary/practical. I liked the idea of a mirrorless camera so I cleared out my old kit and purchased the Canon M6. Last week it was cheaper to get the camera with the kit lens than just the body, but see prices have now changed which I assume is due to supplies arriving in greater numbers. However, the 15-45mm kit lens is very capable and my initial photographs have been sharp and well-focused. I still feel it is a pity that Canon donít fit metal mounts on all their lenses though.

The camera is very well equipped with the ability to satisfy both a novice and experienced photographer, but I would recommend downloading the manual from the Canon website. There are plenty of adjustment that can be made and the layout will be familiar to Canon users so doesnít take long to navigate through the automated settings.

I had wondered if not having a viewfinder would be an issue but I havenít found it to be yet, but accept it is early days. However, in my opinion, the benefit of the smaller size outweighs this and there is always the option to buy the separate viewfinder. With the 22mm pancake lens fitted the camera fits into my coat pocket so is more likely to be with me more frequently.

Overall I am very pleased with it and the standard of the images is impressive. Would certainly recommend it to anyone thinking of going mirrorless.

Also, very impressed with the WEX PartX process which enabled me to convert my old kit into a very capable little camera.

A couple of sample images attached.

Blenheim Palace

Benji
    Andrew

Default Re: Canon EOS M6

A very capable camera indeed by your images...super dog shot
    ....it can be quite liberating to have a smaller camera and to use the LCD rather than viewfinder....enjoy!
    Canon EOS 5D MKIII, 17-40 f4L, 24-105 f4L, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L, 24mm f1.4L II, 50mm f1.2L, 100mm f2.8L macro, 85mm f1.8 USM
    Canon EOS 100D , Canon EOS 200D
    EF-S 10-18mm STM, EF-S 18-55mm STM, EF-S18-55mm IS II, EF-S 55-250mm IS STM, EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM, EF 50mm f1.8 STM

brianvickersphotography.com

Thanks Brian, I am sure I will enjoy it!

Should have added that Vanbrugh's Grand Bridge was taken with the kit lens; 1/125 F8 ISO 100 at 45mm. Tends to be the place to go with new gear to see how detailed the stone comes out, I was impressed.

Benji was taken at quarter past four in the woods on an October afternoon with the 22mm Pancake lens 1/100 F2.8 ISO 1600.

Andrew
    Andrew

2 nice shots Andrew. I can see the benefit of having a lighter camera and not having to lump a backpack loaded with gear, although as much as I said I would never praise a phone camera the new Samsung S8 is a stunning camera
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Member*

Good advert for the camera , nice pics .