Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Bag / Backpack

My backpack has seen better days, need to get a new one
    Any advice, there seems to be no end of choice and price - What's everyone using
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Re: Camera Bag / Backpack

I think you'll get a different answer from everyone that answers....I use a lowepro photosport 200....not too big and I can get everything I need in it...very comfortable too.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

I have used a Lowepro Pro Runner 300 for the past 5 years or so, which will take the 7DII with 300 f4 and converter attached, plus my Canon 100 f2.8 LIS, Canon EF-S 10-22 and at a pinch Canon EF 24-105 plus batteries, sandwiches etc.If I leave out the 10-22 and 24-105, I can also take my 70-200 f2.8

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

If you want to get all/most of your gear in, then I have a Lower Nature Trekker AWII sat here doing nothing and in VGC.
        Colin

Comment

Due to age I tend to use think tank bags ,they are lightest strongest and best on the market ,bit expensive but you get what you pay for ,just sold my think tank glass limo and got more than I paid for it ,bought the think tank street walker pro .off my lad as he is going to smaller gear
          Last edited by the black fox; 16-10-2017, 21:48.

Comment

I quite rate the lowpro stuff , a lot will depend what you need to carry in it . My big lowpro is used for storage and when I travel mainly , you wont get many photos with your camera stuck in a bag . I tend to use a standard style back pack when I am out , I just wrap any other kit I want in some form of padding , like an extra T shirt , or sweatshirt which I might wish to use . Carry the main kit ready mounted on tripod or monopod . Not ideal , but I have yet to find a bag that is . My Misses is always saying your not looking for another bag ? She is right of course

Comment

Agreed....I've yet to see another photographer with the same bag as me...or any other photographer that happens to be there....I have 3 bags and 2 backpacks myself lol

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies. I've just been told by 'someone downstairs' that I got two camera bags under the stairs that I never use. Why do you want to buy a new one, you got a enough stuff now to fill a camera shop --- They just don't understand do they.
                Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

ask her how many bags she got Trev :) - another vote for lowpro
                  :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Or shoes

Comment

I have two backpacks I almost never use. I usually carry a smallish shoulder bag which will hold one body and a decent sized lens or two of the 100D/200D each with a lens attached. The rest goes into a fisherman's "rucksack with seat", packed in neoprene soft cases, together with a flask of coffee, a bit of lunch, etc. Since I'm almost always in the countryside, I love being able to take it off, fold out the seat and have a sit down from time to time. It's also a great way to get low angle shots, saves the knees. And it doesn't look like a photographic backpack, less likely to attract unwanted attention. Cost £20.
                      EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                        I am going to try and remember that Ian .

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                          Yeah, cos I can see that conversation ending well :-)

Tenba for me. Bought one recently and it's a very nicely put together piece of kit.
                          EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
                            Your right of course . Andy .

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post

Tenba for me. Bought one recently and it's a very nicely put together piece of kit.
                              you a man or a mouse Andy

as for me, wanna share my cheese
                              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
                              X