Ophelia Sun in Bushy Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ophelia Sun in Bushy Park

Nowhere near as dramatic as other people's images, but my effort at showing the red tinge in the sky caused by the remnants of former Hurricane Ophelia dragging stuff into our atmosphere. And before anyone tells me to push the sliders, this is with the reds and oranges saturated as far as I can go without them looking bizarre. To be honest, as the rest of the lighting was dreadfully flat I was just glad to have managed to drag some kind of half decent image out using HDR and Aurora. Plus to get the sun in I had to point it at the road and houses beyond, which I have toned down but can't remove entirely.

Ophelia sun in Bushy Park
    by AlexR!, on Flickr
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Re: Ophelia Sun in Bushy Park

I like what you've got Alex, well done, it certinally sounds like you've struggled a bit, but worth it
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I wasn't sure about this Alex when I first looked at it on the forum. The sky was a little too light in and around the tree and towards the bottom right, making it look a little unnatural. Then I looked at it on Flickr and it's much, much better. Just goes to show you really need to check images on Flickr. So, it's a hit from me!
      - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Well done Alex

Tom

Comment

Well captured Alex in challenging conditions. It was a very surreal hour or so around here. The local Rooks took to flight in a big flock and I am convinced they thought it was roosting time!
          Andrew

Comment

Working...
          X