Sardinian Warbler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sardinian Warbler

These little birds were quite common in Menorca but getting a clear shot was quite difficult as they were mostly feeding deep in the bushes and only perched for a second either as they arrived or flew off. This one was the only reasonably clear shot we got

Stan

1/500, f8, ISO 400, 420mm

Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Sardinian Warbler

Nice bird and a lovely shot, from a beautiful Island ( Sardinia) I used to have to suffer 2 weeks every year there courtesy of the taxpayers, it is a little jewel that is often missed on the tourist trail..

Ohh........... I have to say it Stan

Shame about the fussy background and the poor Boketh...
    Last edited by TonyT; 18-10-2017, 10:55.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Great detail in the bird, never seen one.

Whilst BG isn't ideal don't find it too much of an issue though might try and remove the twig that appears to be sticking up its posterior!
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

thanks Ant and Tony

I have to say it Stan

Shame about the fussy background and the poor Boketh...
        good point Tony but limited opportunities and not a bird you see over here. Had it been any of the common UK birds, tits. finches, robins etc, I wouldn't have bothered with the shot, preferring to wait for the opportunity of a shot with a clear background

might try and remove the twig that appears to be sticking up its posterior!
        thats easily sorted

Stan

flickr

Comment

Very nice shot Stan, lovely detail. I bet the birds most grateful to you for removing that stick from its backside
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

That is a lovely shot Stan

Tom

Comment

Nice sharp shot and good eye detail Stan.
              Originally posted by Stan View Post
              good point Tony but limited opportunities and not a bird you see over here. Had it been any of the common UK birds, tits. finches, robins etc, I wouldn't have bothered with the shot, preferring to wait for the opportunity of a shot with a clear background
              Should it make any difference whether the bird is rare or not Stan. After all this is a Canon photographic forum not a rare bird forum.

John

Comment

cheers guys

Should it make any difference whether the bird is rare or not Stan. After all this is a Canon photographic forum not a rare bird forum.

Stan

flickr

Comment

I think what he is saying is should it make a difference if the bird is hard to get regardless of the type it is, ie if someone takes a Robin picture with a cluttered background because that is the only option they have, should that be rejected out of hand simply on the grounds that it is a common bird and other opportunities may exist. and vice versa if someone spots a rare bird should one post it no matter how poor the image ( and yours does not fall into that category, let's get that straight, i think it is excellent and better for the stick removed out of his or her bum ) simply to record the birds presence.
                  It sort of sets a double standard if that makes sense of where a subject can prevail over an images overall quality, that's how I read Johns comment, we should be judging the image as is on its merits and not on the subject matter... Though we all do it.

Now if someone brings shows me an image of the Dodo, Bigfoot or Nessie taken last week, then the quality can go right out of the window. And Bigfoot flying his pet Dodo off the back of Nessie would be the icing on the cake... well it would if it could fly.

My comment incidentally about a cluttered background and boketh was a tongue in cheek comment as I know you are not a fan of those.
                  Last edited by TonyT; 19-10-2017, 12:22.
                  Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                  X