No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,
    First post on here. I've got the 70d which I'm very pleased with but have only been using its built in flash. Looking to buy but don't want to spend a fortune on Canon flashgun. I have been looking at Yongnuo and Neewer and would appreciate your views on these if possible,thanks

Re: New member

I have both...both work fine...ettl etc...not had an issue .....welcome to the forum

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Another warm welcome to the forum. Can't help on the non-Canon flash kit, but there will be plenty here who can...
      Cheers;
      Lee
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
      5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
      17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
        I dont have experience of those models....but I think its best to determine what spec you need.
        I bought some Calumet Genesis versions only to find they didn't have high speed sync....so I eventually bought the Canon version.

I think Yongnuo specs are equivalent to Canon specs but i'd check the spec sheet.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

I only have Canon flash units, but friends have the Yongnuo guns and are delighted with them. They have often ribbed me for spending so much on the Canon units, when their's appeared to have a similar specification. I was hoping to bide my time and have my full revenge when their's only lasted a few months.

Three years later and that hasn't happened yet .......... how annoying is that?
          Colin

Comment

Welcome to the forum from me too. I have a Canon 580 and two Yongnuo equivalents plus Yongnuo triggers (not sure of the models numbers without looking) They Yongnuo flash units are practically identical to the Canon 580 both in looks and features.
            I was at a wedding recently and the professional photographer was using Canon camera bodies/lenses but with Yongnuo flashes and remote triggers.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
            Peter

Feel free to browse my
            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I'm another Yongnuo user. The one I have is the YN-568EX II and it's excellent, works perfectly with the 70D. £75 from Amazon.
              Yongnuo basically just take a Canon product, then copy it, sell it for a much lower price.

One other point, if you want to leave batteries in the flash (or anything else) and want them to hold their charge then I'd advise spending the extra on Eneloop. They cost a bit more, but you can leave them in the flash for months and they'll still be ready to go, other types will probably need charging shortly before you use them, leave them in the flash and they'll be flat after a week or two.
              EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

I have two Canon flashguns but recently bought a Yongnuo trigger which works with them. A lot of members of the local camera club use Yongnuo flashguns and swear by them.
                Regarding the Eneloop batteries mentioned by Richard, I bought some for the keyboard, trackpad and mouse on my iMac. Don’t usually use the mouse and after several weeks found I couldn’t lift it off the metal foot of the iMac. Had to prise it off with a knife and found the battery had leaked and fused it to the iMac base, so my Eneloop experience is not too good.

John

Comment

Welcome to the Forum

Tom

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments. Looks like it's got to be Yongnuo then

Comment

Working...
                    X