RC5 Shutter Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC5 Shutter Release

Will my old RC5 Shutter release [now discontinued in favour of the RC6] work with my 7D Mk II or do I need to buy an RC6 please?

Re: RC5 Shutter Release

The website isn't clear but a quick look at the 7DII manual gives the RC-6 as the option, see page 248 of the manual...
    Andy

Comment

Remote Controllers RC-1, RC-5 and RC-6 work with the EOS 7D Mark II.

RC-1 and RC-6 offer immediate and 2-second delay modes. RC-5 only has a 2-second delay mode.

The camera must be set to the correct drive mode. For the EOS 7D Mark II this is either the 2-second or 10 second self-timer setting. The remote unit overrides these self-timer delays to give immediate or 2-second delay, depending on the remote unit setting.

You will find this information on pages 142 and 248 of the camera instruction manual.
      Robert
      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Thanks Robert. I thought I had read the RC6 was just an upgrade of the RC5, so glad to here I can still use my 'old' version with my newish kit. Will get on and try it out!

Comment

Working...
        X