Photographer sues and wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photographer sues and wins

Doubt it will stop anyone else but worth a look - the guy needs a reality lesson I think

LINK THING

.DAVID.

Just watched the video again - NEED to punch this guy, seriously!!!
    Last edited by David Stallard; 25-10-2017, 18:24.
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Re: Photographer sues and wins

Amazing. He steals an image for his personal use and now he feels he is the victim for getting caught. Amazing

Tom

Comment

Typical member of the 'no blame, easy come' generation. They've always got what they want and anything they do wrong is always someone else's fault...

I fear for the future, I really do...
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

My predecessor on our Club website innocently used a thumbnail from a Google search. There was no information in the exif data, so presumed it was OK. Getty persued us and wanted £1,500 for past and present use. We had no spare funds, but fortunately we managed to reduce it to £150. I only use our images now!
        Janet

Canon 90D, 77D, Plus a load of lenses, especially macro.
        http://www.leighcameraclub.co.uk/

Comment

I use pixys.com to chase mine up ,its amazing how many idiots world wide think its o.k to steal your work .I submitted another 11 cases this week for them to chase up ,and thankfully they seem to be getting better at it

Comment

Janet, the question is did Getty own the image they threatened to sue you over? They are renound for sending out claims for images they do not own copyright on. I would have asked for the complete exif data.

Carol Highsmith is a distinguished photographer who has traveled all over America, aiming to chronicle for posterity the life of the nation in the early 21st century.

A week after being slapped with a $1 billion copyright-related lawsuit, Getty Images has been served with another suit. This time it's by Zuma Press, an
            Last edited by TonyT; 29-10-2017, 21:00.
            Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

We just presumed they owned it. I would if that ever happened again. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
              When we did a little bit of research we read about hairdressing salons and small businesses going bust etc because they couldn’t pay the fine, so we thought we’d negotiate a reduction on the promise of removing it.
              Janet

Canon 90D, 77D, Plus a load of lenses, especially macro.
              http://www.leighcameraclub.co.uk/

Comment

It big brother, big bully sometimes, did you read the one about them threatening to sue the Copyright holder for breach of their Copyright. You couldn't make it up.
                Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                X