Flikr alternative ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flikr alternative ?

Hi , I like using flikr to post my nicer photos , but I used to use use Photobucket to post stuff on ebay and on non photo related sites . Photobucket now charges to store such photos , so I was wondering if there was a similar free site I could use to host such photos .

Re: Flikr alternative ?

I am with you there. I too used photobucket to store and post some of my non essential photos but now have no where else to store them. I use Flickr for most of my good photos.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Simple answer is no BUT if it’s just a case of storage either set up another Flickr account or simply post them and make them private

Comment

All my photos, whether they end up on Flickr as well or not, get backed up to Google photos. You can have unlimited space for free if you allow Google to compress the files somewhat (16MB I think, and it's fine for using on eBay and the like) and it's easy to have all pictures backed up automatically by telling it which folders to backup.

Also, I can access it from any Android phone or tablet, wherever I am.

Here's Google's copy of the moon photo that I posted earlier this week.
        https://photos.app.goo.gl/jaxNrgh2HSYQflzn2
        Chris
        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Not concerned with storage , just hosting on other non related photo forums ect , how easy is a second flikr account ? A second different email required I assume ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fallow View Post
            Not concerned with storage , just hosting on other non related photo forums ect , how easy is a second flikr account ? A second different email required I assume ?
            I have my own Flickr account in addition to sharing another for images from an Art Group of which I'm a member.
            You can get a second Yahoo email account just by typing something relevant eg Fallow2@yahoo.co.uk
            Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

I have two Flickr accounts, the main one sorted into albums which contain all the processed shots from a particular shoot, some 12000 shots and the other just used to upload the odd shots for posting on forums.
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Working...
              X