Discover Worthing
    _MG_8365.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Re: Challenge 136: Transport of Delight

Transporting delight'

IMG_5193 (3) by David Miller, on Flickr
      Last edited by Daisy M; 23-11-2017, 11:41.

Comment

Old tractor. Well, it probably did delight the owner many years ago because this machine meant that he no longer had to plough with a team of oxen!

Old_Tractor by Tony Mitchell, on Flickr

Comment

City of Industry
          28C5E057-590E-4F19-AC50-17D64D4AEF7F.jpg
          www.flickr.com/photos/ileafy/
          www.instagram.com/leafydragonphotography/

Comment

Transport of Delight.....Subject shot and compilation was within competition period but the background shot was not; it may provide some amusement though even if it is deemed ineligible.

Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Not long to go now!
              Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Given that it is my partner's birthday tomorrow and there is a weekend of celebration, I regret it may take a day or two to judge this lot, so if anyone sneaks anything in after 30 Nov, I will not be too worried!!! I will tell you when I am judging so that will put an end to any other entires...

Comment

[IMG] Multicolour dreaming by Dee Gee, on Flickr[/IMG]
                  Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

Flights of Fancy

20171116-20171116-IMG_0930.jpg

​Sorry late uploading Richard!
                    Andrew

Comment

OK! Competition now closed. I will announce the winner(s) soon!!!

Comment

OK - so thirteen entries. Thank you to all who took part.

Tom (tesarver): Not surprisingly an almost black and white photograph - although I suspect it was really a black and white subject!!! A really delightful way of interpreting the brief. Certainly not one I had envisaged, but that is my limited imagination. Great depth of field with focus spot on.

Jonathan Teamtime: Well we certainly got motion in that one! I am no expert in motor racing, but I wonder if I might have preferred the main object to be a little further to the right to give it room to go through the frame. That said, the fast movement is conveyed by the fact that there is room behind!

AlexR!: Of course I am a total sucker for nighttime photography. But I was a little confused at first by the heavy black at the top of the photograph. I don't know if this was HDR or not, or whether there was any detail to be got from the bridge apart from that which you show on the edges. I think the blackness rather dominates, even though you do get to a place that clearly "delights"!

David Stallard: Well if there is a man who has experience of photographing transports of delight it must be David! Of course the smile on the driver's face clearly illustrates that this is HIS transport of delight! Great sharp image, beautifully taken (as always!)

Colin C: The first composite! Yay! Again, delight, pleasure or whatever on the driver's face. The slightly off centre failure of symmetry is pleasing. I think there is scope for making the composite look a bit more like one image rather than a series of images stacked in PS. But I certainly smiled when I saw it!

ctrollen: Love the image. But my eye wants to travel very quickly to the bank beyond the barge where the sun is shining. I think I might have done some pretty heavy duty dodging and burning to change the light profile. Otherwise I think it is a beautifully composed photograph.

brianvickers:The definition of DoF! It certainly made me stop and look several times! A clever composition leaving me wondering what there is in Worthing! I will obviously have to visit now!

Daisy M: Well can I just say that I was delighted by your composite, for the wit and of course for the fact that it wasn't sooc! A great start to your photoshop journey, but I think there are a few more steps to take... While the background has a gradient, I think the grey is a little dull, and the black matting around the plane needs a little (very simple) work!

TonyM198: Yes, I can see that this would have been a delight. Unfortunately the light has not helped you much. I don't know if you do much in PS, but a quick copy and changing the blend mode to Soft Light and then reducing it would help make the colours pop, and the addition of a decent vignette would help keep the eye of the viewer in the frame.

iLeafy: Not sure about transport of delight. Transport certainly!!! Could do with something to make it pop a bit more. But I like the overall composition.

Farider: Another composite. Fun as well! At the moment it looks like the teddy bear and balloons have just been stuck over the original image without too much attempt to blend them to make them feel part of the same composition. That said, I am delighted that there are so many composites in the running this month!

DeeGee: Another composite. Great bokeh! And I suspect a miniature rather than original VW!!! Some subtle colour on the left and right in the very dark areas - I suspect you could have lightened that up a little. Of course the water in the bokeh provides a sense of delight! Maybe some work in blending the image into one overall feel of a single image?

Birdy: A beautifully composed image with a great tonal range implying the transport of delight (excepting my recent flight back from Dubai on BA which was awful ) rather than showing it directly. Crisp and clear.

So, with that all in mind, my overall comments are:
                        - great range of images, thank you
                        - delighted there were so many composites
                        - Pleased that there were a number of very original interpretations of the theme

My winners, in time honoured reverse order are:

- No 3: ColinC for the most complicated of the composites
                        - No 2: teasarver for a lovely image, and
                        - No 1: Birdy for a great overall image with lovely tonal and colour range.

An honourable mention for all those who created composites!!!

Over to Birdy for the next event!!!

Best

Richard

Comment

Well done Andrew.

A very well seen image that worked well for this competition.
                          Colin

Comment

Well done Birdy[emoji106] and to all who entered.

Looking forward to the next Challenge ☺

Di.
                            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                            Di's Flickr

Comment

Well done Andrew!
                              Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Congratulations Andrew. Looking forward to your challenge!
                                Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Working...
                                X