Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moto GP from Silverstone (A bit late)

Hi Everyone,

This my first proper image post here, I stumbled on this forum via a few colleagues... I'm not sure why I've only just found it, I've been shooting with Canon equipment for over 10 years :D. Here's a few of my shots from Silverstone back in August at the moto GP. All as a spectator behind the wire, I'd welcome any C&C you can take the time to offer.

1. Maverick Viñales - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP
    Maverick Viñales - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. Scott Redding - OCTO Pramac Racing
    Scott Redding - OCTO Pramac Racing by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. Johann Zarco - Monster Yamaha Tech 3
    Johann Zarco - Monster Yamaha Tech 3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. Tito Rabat - EG 0,0 Marc VDS
    Tito Rabat - EG 0,0 Marc VDS by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. Cal Crutchlow - LCR Honda
    Cal Crutchlow - LCR Honda by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. Andrea Dovizioso - Ducati Team
    Andrea Dovizioso - Ducati Team by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

7. Valentino Rossi - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP
    Valentino Rossi - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

8. Marc Márquez - Repsol Honda Team
    Marc Márquez - Repsol Honda Team by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

9. Jorge Lorenzo - Ducati Team
    Jorge Lorenzo - Ducati Team by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

10. Sam Lowes - Aprilia Racing Team Gresini
    The Eyes Have It - Sam Lowes by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Re: Moto GP from Silverstone (A bit late)

Those are quite something , lovely and sharp in the right places , colourful , action packed and I am very impressed you captured them so well with the set up you used , wish I knew you well enough to set up the AF on my 5D mklll , excellent photography .

Comment

Hahaha thanks very much mate, to be honest I dont really put much weight on the AF modes.... I think most of these had the mode set on general, single point expanded center (AI servo as standard) :D

Comment

Lovely set, really sharp. I especially like #2 & #10 where you can see the whites of their eyes!
        Chris
        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

A great set and quite powerful composition on the diagonals.

If I may suggest, a little more space in front of the bike tends to add more balance and an area for the subject to move into.
          Colin

Comment

All very nice, very very nice. Ma favorite are #4 and #7, mostly because of the angle

Comment

Really nice set of images, good detail and exposure. Agree with Colin about a bit more space in front.
              Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Nice set

Tom

Comment

Interesting, I’d always heard that Silverstone was not worth going to for photography because of the fencing.
                  Agree with Colin about leaving more space on front of the bike. Personally I’d like to see a bit more space all around.

John

Comment

That's a terrific set, Jonny, and you're going to be a breath of fresh air if you keep posting such images I don't think they need space around them as the purpose of shots like these is to capture the machine and rider in as much detail as possible which you've achieved perfectly.

Cheers,
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by Fireproof Creative View Post
                      Hahaha thanks very much mate, to be honest I dont really put much weight on the AF modes.... I think most of these had the mode set on general, single point expanded center (AI servo as standard) :D
                      Well that just goes to prove your skill as a photographer further then . I would be happy with anyone of these , well done .

Comment

Love motor sport and these are first class.

Paul
                        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                        Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Superb set Jonny, I personally think the lack of space around the bikes is more than justified for this type of detailed shot and really is my kind of thing, looking forward to more of your posts.

Paul.

1Dx, 400 f/2.8 ef 70-200 f/2.8 ef 15mm f/2.8 ef 24-70 f/2.8 mk1 1.4x 2x
                          www.flickr.com/photos/fozzyimages/[/url] Website www.fozzyimages.co.uk

Comment

Superb set Jonny, Personally I think the lack of space around the bikes is spot on for these kind of detailed shots, looking forward to more of your posts.

Paul.

1Dx, 400 f/2.8 ef 70-200 f/2.8 ef 15mm f/2.8 ef 24-70 f/2.8 mk1 1.4x 2x
                            www.flickr.com/photos/fozzyimages/[/url] Website www.fozzyimages.co.uk

Comment

Cracking set, love the colour and clarity, some interesting views on space around or not, some of both is always a good plan

Regards Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X