The Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Window

just walked passed it and thought yeah that looks like an interesting photo, although I could be completely wrong LOL

The Window by Ian Theobald, on Flickr
    Last edited by Tigger; 07-11-2017, 10:27.
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Re: The Window

Lovely texture and colour to the wall. I think most of us, including me, would remove the various wires.
    Personally I don’t think I would point my camera at someone’s open window, so it’s a really good shot but one which I would have missed out on.

John

Comment

Hi Ian; very well done for bringing out the detail inside the room... but... IMO the texture on the walls is way over-cooked. I know I'm waiting for an eye op... but it 'aint doing them any favours
      Cheers;
      Lee
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
      5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
      17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

have to agree with John and Lee both positive and negative. The window is an excellent frame but I am not too sure that what it is framing is interesting enough

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny48 View Post
          Lovely texture and colour to the wall. I think most of us, including me, would remove the various wires.
          Personally I don’t think I would point my camera at someone’s open window, so it’s a really good shot but one which I would have missed out on.

John
          thanks John. I would normally agree about the wires but I wanted this to show what life is and the TV wires are part of that. As for pointing my camera into someones window, isn't that a little like street photography :) ... but I can see where your coming from as well, but I went for the shot and was pleased with the outcome

Originally posted by EOS_User View Post
          Hi Ian; very well done for bringing out the detail inside the room... but... IMO the texture on the walls is way over-cooked. I know I'm waiting for an eye op... but it 'aint doing them any favours
          Thanks Lee, and yes I agree the walls did look like that so I've adjusted. I just wanted to pull the detail from the walls and went a tad too far. Glad you liked the shot..

Originally posted by Stan View Post
          have to agree with John and Lee both positive and negative. The window is an excellent frame but I am not too sure that what it is framing is interesting enough

Stan
          Thanks Stan, pulled thew wall back a tad so hopefully that is one of your negative points covered, the pointing the camera into the window, well its a shot I liked and went for it. I thought it was an interesting shot showing life, but if we all liked the same thing wouldn't that be boring
          Last edited by Tigger; 07-11-2017, 10:34.

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
            just walked passed it and thought yeah that looks like an interesting photo, although I could be completely wrong LOL
            Works for me Ian - good spot. Although you may remember I'm not a cable man; they'd have to go.
            - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

A good example of how to balance the dark of an interior and the brightness of the outside so technically excellent I'm happy with the wires on the right as their lead into the window makes perfect sense but would crop those on the left. To my picky eye it appears to need a very slight horizontal tweak to the left to bring the top of the window parallel with the edge - or is that just my OCD (I do go around straightening pictures )

Cheers,
              John

Comment

cheers John & Tony...

and yes I thought about the wires, but you know for once Tony ( and it doesn't happen often ) I think they work in the image

as tweaks, this thing has been to the left and right and, but still looked odd, I think a lot was the angle which doesn't help but I've leveled it using the pictures on the wall in the flat :)

Comment

Like the pastel colours. It's almost poster like. I would have cropped in vertically on the window. Agree with the others about the wires.

Comment

Nicely done Ian

Tom

Comment

in this case for me the wires are part of the shot, so sorry guys I think the wires need to stay, interesting idea with the crop

thanks Alistaires & Tom

Comment

Working...
                      X