The London Omnibus on Oxford Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The London Omnibus on Oxford Street

I am not sure that I much like the lights this year - they are exactly the same as the last two years, except they have added two ads: one from NSPCC (fair enough!) and one from Sky (too commercial). But with some concentration on the light, the buses and the traffic, you might imagine more phantom-like buses whizzing up and down Oxford Street... So here are three interpretations of the London Omnibus on Oxford Street, before they make it all pedestrian...

Buses on Oxford Street by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Oxford Street, London by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

2Y2A3044-Edit_Buses 3.jpg by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Re: The London Omnibus on Oxford Street

really unusual technique, but it really captures the hustle and bustle of Oxford St. I like it.

Comment

just an excellent set of images, very impressive. If I was to pick one it would be the third
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by DAllan View Post
        really unusual technique, but it really captures the hustle and bustle of Oxford St. I like it.
        Thank you. Actually, the techniques are pretty widely used in the "Photo-Artistry" community which is burgeoning. A lot of people are frustrated by the artistic limitations of "pure-play" photography - that is not to be critical of it, merely a statement that some people (like me) are looking for something with a different artistic twist. Personally, I am not 100% convinced by the direction that some of that work is going into the fantasy world, but I do like to use some of the techniques that are easily available through Photoshop, Topaz, ON1 and other programmes!

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
        just an excellent set of images, very impressive. If I was to pick one it would be the third
        Thanks Ian. The first was over 20 images of five or more buses blended, the latter two were just eight and six respectively!

Best

Richard

Comment

Make some nice and different Christmas cards from those Richard .

Comment

Originally posted by Fallow View Post
            Make some nice and different Christmas cards from those Richard .
            I suspect they might just be in the mix this year!!!

Comment

If Turner had a camera and Photoshop... Really nice and well worth the considerable effort you invested in creating them

Cheers,
              John

Comment

I like what you are doing with this Richard, although the third one is more to my liking at this stage in my exposure to photo-artistry
                Great technique for making what might otherwise be a 'mundane' scene into something for the wall!
                Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
                  If Turner had a camera and Photoshop... Really nice and well worth the considerable effort you invested in creating them

Cheers,
                  John
                  Praise indeed!!!

Originally posted by Birdy View Post
                  I like what you are doing with this Richard, although the third one is more to my liking at this stage in my exposure to photo-artistry
                  Great technique for making what might otherwise be a 'mundane' scene into something for the wall!
                  Agreed - although I still think you need a reasonable set of underlying photographs. You cannot entirely make a silk purse out of a sow's ear! That said, a lot of people are doing this using other people's photographs. All of mine use my own photographs apart sometimes for some of the textures (not that I used any in these three!)

Comment

All of mine use my own photographs
                    I wouldn't have expected anything less

... you need a reasonable set of underlying photographs. You cannot entirely make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!
                    I agree. However the one you loaded on Flickr of the tree, Autumn Light (sorry didn't see it here?), is a great example of what I was meaning as several of us have attempted to capture a similar image but been left disappointed, but your conversion captures it perfectly!
                    Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Birdy View Post
                      I wouldn't have expected anything less

I agree. However the one you loaded on Flickr of the tree, Autumn Light (sorry didn't see it here?), is a great example of what I was meaning as several of us have attempted to capture a similar image but been left disappointed, but your conversion captures it perfectly!
                      This one:
                      Autumn Light by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

(Not that it belongs in this section...) Yes, it is true that you can make good enhancements... This was two photographs to get the full DoF, plus taking it through Topaz as well as PS...

Comment

That's the one...
                        Andrew

Comment

A very nice set Richard

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                            A very nice set Richard

Tom
                            Thanks Tom!

Comment

Nice set Richard, have to say I prefer 2 and 3 where one can recognise things easier, with 3 the winner for me

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X