third party AC adaptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

third party AC adaptors

I have just upgraded my original 5D to the mark4, and I have noticed just how much more power the 5D4 sucks from my batteries. Most of my photography is done indoors (macro mainly). This brings me to the question. I cant see any articles in my back catalogue of EOS magazine (or do I jut need to get the old magazines from the back of the wardrobe) regarding AC mains adaptors. I noticed a massive price difference from Canon official AC adaptors and the third party ones on Amazon. If anyone has any recommendations for third party AC power it would be greatly appreciated. Dale.

Re: third party AC adaptors

We last covered this in an article called 'Mains Power', EOS magazine July-September 2015, pages 70/71.

We only look at Canon AC kits, but some of the information might be relevant to third-party accessories.

The EOS 5D Mark IV was not available when the article was written. The AC Adapter Kit for this camera is the ACK-E6N, though you can also use the ACK-E6 kit.
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
      We last covered this in an article called 'Mains Power', EOS magazine July-September 2015, pages 70/71.

We only look at Canon AC kits, but some of the information might be relevant to third-party accessories.

The EOS 5D Mark IV was not available when the article was written. The AC Adapter Kit for this camera is the ACK-E6N, though you can also use the ACK-E6 kit.
      thank you for the help.
      I will dig out my copy of that issue it must be in the back of a cupboard somewhere.
      Cheers Dale

Comment

I've used this one, mainly with 70D when attached to microscope and using Live View with camera tethered to computer. It has always worked fine for me.
        EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

Working...
        X