EOS magazine advert MPB advert
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bolts Upright Triptych

Default Re: Bolts Upright Triptych

Looks like a graphic equalizer....I don't think I'd see it that way without the colours.
    Nice image.
    Canon EOS 5D MKIII, 17-40 f4L, 24-105 f4L, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L, 24mm f1.4L II, 50mm f1.2L, 100mm f2.8L macro, 85mm f1.8 USM
    Canon EOS 100D , Canon EOS 200D
    EF-S 10-18mm STM, EF-S 18-55mm STM, EF-S18-55mm IS II, EF-S 55-250mm IS STM, EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM, EF 50mm f1.8 STM

brianvickersphotography.com

Looks like a graphic equalizer....I don't think I'd see it that way without the colours.
    Nice image.
    thanks Brain, had not thought of that

Member*

A very good fun image Stan

Cheers,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    the colours are a gradient applied in photoshop - for me without the extra colour the bolts were just plain and uninteresting
    Fair enough, it's your image and if the effect supports your artistic intent, that is all that matters

thanks for looking John

Fair enough, it's your image and if the effect supports your artistic intent, that is all that matters
    we all like different things so no problem but for comparison, I have processed the original which was just shot against a blue background and left the gradient out which may be more what you were thinking - posted on a seperate thread

You will remember I posted two versions of this shot and most thought the mark II version worked best.

Last night at camera club we had a session where an outside judge was invited to critique members images without the nature of a competition and this was my entry.

He loved the colours especially the gold towards the bottom and felt that two things made the shot - first the wave of nuts and second including the gradient. We have a digital competition next month so will probably include this to see how it is viewed in a competitive situation

Stan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12