Christmas lights in St Albans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas lights in St Albans

A couple from our VERY harsh red, blue and green Christmas lights in St Albans - although my efforts have mixed the colours a little more...

Christmas Lights in St Albans #2 by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Christmas Lights in St Albans by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Re: Christmas lights in St Albans

First one for me. It's the fact that you can see the womans legs and it grounds everything. That's just how I see it though. This type of image and art work appeals to different people for different things.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

excellent as always and I'm a great fan of your work ..
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
        First one for me. It's the fact that you can see the womans legs and it grounds everything. That's just how I see it though. This type of image and art work appeals to different people for different things.
        Thanks Di. Yes, I agree about grounding them. Paul Elliott made a similar comment on another one on FB. Although, I should say the same woman and her legs are in both. Perhaps more visible in the first!

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
        excellent as always and I'm a great fan of your work ..
        Thank you Ian!

Comment

Well done Richard as always.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
            Well done Richard as always.

Tom

Comment

Sorry - too muddled and messy for me - the lack of a focal point is probably the point of the image, but I'm afraid neither floats my boat.
              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Like the first, Richard, just as Di says. On the second I think the large purply-pinky lump on the left hand side is too dominating and looks almost too 'added' rather than part of the scene, if that makes some kind of sense in what is a relatively abstract image.
                Canon EOS 7D
                EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post
                  Sorry - too muddled and messy for me - the lack of a focal point is probably the point of the image, but I'm afraid neither floats my boat.
                  I might be tempted to discuss the word "muddled" and even "messy", but yes, I quite accept (as always) that these are marmite. I am delighted so many that comment DO like them (or some of them). But no need to apologise... I intend to bludgeon on pushing this form of photographic art

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                  Like the first, Richard, just as Di says. On the second I think the large purply-pinky lump on the left hand side is too dominating and looks almost too 'added' rather than part of the scene, if that makes some kind of sense in what is a relatively abstract image.
                  It is just a consequence of how the layers came in, rather than being added, but I note the comment. Actually there has been some criticism of the lights in St Albans because they are so garish! The lights are definitely lacking in subtlety, and my interpretations take it to another level

Comment

I intend to bludgeon on pushing this form of photographic art
                    I certainly like to see where you are going with these Richard, so pleased we will see more! Of these the first one for me also.
                    Andrew

Comment

I also prefer the first. I think it's because there's a bit more detail in the background, especially in the buildings on the left and it's not quite dominated by the textures and bokeh, as much as the second image.

John

Comment

Working...
                      X