Bosham on Saturday Afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosham on Saturday Afternoon

On SaturdayI took the old D30 down to Bosham Harbour as it hadn't been out all year... It was definitely on the chilly side and on top I had problems with all 3 spare batteries acting flat which rather cut things short. When I got home it seems that one battery was really flat, one was partlially flat but doesn't seem to like the D30 (it appears to be OK in the 20D) and one looks like it's kicked the electrical bucket...

Anyway I did get a few shots and here's one of the better ones.

Sun Rays over Bosham Harbour
    by Nigel Hayes, on Flickr
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Re: Bosham on Saturday Afternoon

That's nice Nigel - and all the better on Flickr - just shows that there is life in the old machines yet!
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

[emoji106]

Di.
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

Nicely done Nigel

Tom

Comment

agree with the guys nice work
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Proves there's more to life than more megapixels, especially with images that are only going to be viewed on screen..

Whenever I get my D30 out for a play, there are two things I notice which I didn't when it was the only thing I had:
            - it's heavy
            - the rear LCD screen is so tiny and fuzzy compared to today's cameras, it's really difficult to tell what you've got until you can upload the images to computer.
            EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

That's a very nice shot, Nigel.

I sort of wish I'd kept my first digital camera (a Fujifilm Finepix MX-700) as it's probably worth a mint these days! <checks eBay> One sold, £1.99. Oh well...
              Chris
              80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Thanks all.

Funny thing is the sky had been cloudless all day until this bunch came along travelling in just the right direction to keep the sun covered. At first I thought I was going to have to wait for ages to get any kind of light then then the sun-rays happened and well, there are times when a 'togs gotta do what a 'togs gotta do...

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
                Proves there's more to life than more megapixels, especially with images that are only going to be viewed on screen..
                How true. Trouble is the latest PAGB recommended resolution for PDI comps is 1600x1200 and that's getting close to the D30 pixel dimensions, it won't be so easy to hide minor IQ issues in future...

It also makes editing interesting now I've gone from a 1024 monitor to Full HD - the fit to screen option is about 75% so I really can see aforesaid IQ horrors...

Whenever I get my D30 out for a play, there are two things I notice which I didn't when it was the only thing I had:
                - it's heavy
                Ain't it just. It's that nice stainless steel chassis that does it.

- the rear LCD screen is so tiny and fuzzy compared to today's cameras, it's really difficult to tell what you've got until you can upload the images to computer.
                With mine fuzzy is not the problem, it's just not very bright anymore...
                Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                X