EOS magazine advert MPB advert
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: heath (blackfox) Robinson strikes again

  1. #11
    Member*
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset
    Posts
    2,332

    Default Re: heath (blackfox) Robinson strikes again

    I've followed this with interest but I confess to not really seeing what problem it's solving? Or what it allows you to do?
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

  2. #12
    Member DeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    9,927

    Default Re: heath (blackfox) Robinson strikes again

    I'm waiting till drawings appear for a flux capacitor. [emoji4]

    Di.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

  3. #13

    Default Re: heath (blackfox) Robinson strikes again

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
    I've followed this with interest but I confess to not really seeing what problem it's solving? Or what it allows you to do?
    as per the first post Andy it allows me to have a scope attached to the gimbal head that will outrange the camera and lens ,sometimes its good to know that the raptor your seeking is sat on a post waiting to fly off .,probably a localised problem with the miles of estuary marsh around here ,saves carrying a extra tripod for the scope .I have solved everything bar up and down movement of the scope but that should be solved shortly .and will eventually lead to a chance to digi=scope long range birds ,fingers crossed

    di they had doubts on what could be done when I worked on 2001 a space odyssey ,but a few lads thinking outside the box made it all seem real

  4. #14
    Member*
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset
    Posts
    2,332

    Default Re: heath (blackfox) Robinson strikes again

    Right. I knew about the scope from the first post but not why you’d want to do that. Makes sense now.
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

  5. #15
    Member DeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    9,927

    Default Re: heath (blackfox) Robinson strikes again

    Quote Originally Posted by the black fox View Post
    as per the first post Andy it allows me to have a scope attached to the gimbal head that will outrange the camera and lens ,sometimes its good to know that the raptor your seeking is sat on a post waiting to fly off .,probably a localised problem with the miles of estuary marsh around here ,saves carrying a extra tripod for the scope .I have solved everything bar up and down movement of the scope but that should be solved shortly .and will eventually lead to a chance to digi=scope long range birds ,fingers crossed

    di they had doubts on what could be done when I worked on 2001 a space odyssey ,but a few lads thinking outside the box made it all seem real
    I get what you're doing now. I've seen photographers at the local rspb with scopes and cameras you're putting it all together. [emoji106]

    Di.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

  6. #16
    Member*
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,418

    Default Re: heath (blackfox) Robinson strikes again

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
    I'm waiting till drawings appear for a flux capacitor. [emoji4]

    Di.
    https://i.pinimg.com/736x/2b/2f/ab/2...ural-ideas.jpg
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

  7. #17
    Member DeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    9,927

    Default Re: heath (blackfox) Robinson strikes again

    Thankyou for that. Showed up on my feed as I was eating lunch at work....now clearing up lunch. [emoji4]

    Di.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

  8. #18
    Member*
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,418
    Last edited by TonyT; 05-12-2017 at 13:16.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

  9. #19

    Default Re: heath (blackfox) Robinson strikes again

    All from China tony ,already seen them

  10. #20
    Member*
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,418

    Default Re: heath (blackfox) Robinson strikes again

    I have a couple of the manfrotto ones, I bought one off eBay at an awesome price, the person had two and then asked if I wanted the second for free! Needless to say I now have two.

    I wouldn't worry about China, they deliver quick, in my goal to mount a do it myself hide clamp on my monopod I found some split ally clamps that are the same diameter as my monopod tube, they are made for shimmy dampener mounting on motorcycle forks, so has now been fitted, I need to get time to retap the hole in it to a larger size then I can mount the manfrotto arm to my RRS clamp and screw it into my modified dampener mount.

    One of these, it looks the part on my monopod and is thinking out of the box

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/41MM-Bill...72.m2749.l2649
    Last edited by TonyT; 05-12-2017 at 22:49.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •