My view from Corris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My view from Corris

Was back up in my favorite place thursday ( Mach Loop) weather was evil minus 12 in the wind and blizzards and no where to hide from it.

We did have a few gaps in the weather so snapped a few landscapes. The 1st shows Cadair Idris in the sun snow capped early morning and the second is looking towards Towyn.

We only had 6 F15 passes and they where very high (skylocked) in the blizzards

IMG_4352.jpg

IMG_4355.jpg
    Last edited by Mark 1; 02-12-2017, 09:11.

Re: My view from Corris

"Snapped a few landscapes"
    Is an understatement.

If I had to choose which one "spoke" to me most I'm stumped... I'm drawn to the second for the shadow and the way it runs across the lake.
    But that sky in the first. That's just glorious.

Do you have a Flickr account you can link up? Direct upload does them no favours.

Di.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
      "Snapped a few landscapes"
      Is an understatement.

If I had to choose which one "spoke" to me most I'm stumped... I'm drawn to the second for the shadow and the way it runs across the lake.
      But that sky in the first. That's just glorious.

Do you have a Flickr account you can link up? Direct upload does them no favours.

Di.
      Thanks for the comments. I dont have a flickr account unfortunately.

Comment

I really enjoy both of those, but I must echo Di's advice about a Flickr account. Direct uploads are OK, but using Flickr provides a much higher quality image, showing your work off to its best.
        Colin

Comment

Beautiful images; but as has been said - go via Flickr and we can enjoy them even more.
          - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Wow, very nicely done. Like both of them

Tom

Comment

Great sky in the first but a pity you clipped the lake. The composition of the second is better but lacks the lighting of the first

Another plea for Flickr (which joining can be done in moments) as clicking through from the posted image enables it to be appreciated at a decent size and eliminates the loss in quality that comes from a direct upload.

Cheers,
              John

Comment

Very nice landscapes but prefer the first for the lack of shadow

Flickr is free and as said very easy to join and apart from the occasional blip, using flickr will show off your shots at their best on this forum

Stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

its been said direct uploads do nothing for images on this site..Set up a flickr and we can see photos as you look at them

here they look OK , but I'm sure they are both wow shots
                  :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Sorry folks but i dont want to do flickr as I never ever post a large sized image online nothing bigger than 1000 pixels on longest and 250kb.

Had to many images pinched/copied etc and im not a pc/internet expert so i just size them so there of no use.

Thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 1 View Post
                      Was back up in my favorite place thursday ( Mach Loop) weather was evil minus 12 in the wind and blizzards and no where to hide from it.

We did have a few gaps in the weather so snapped a few landscapes. The 1st shows Cadair Idris in the sun snow capped early morning and the second is looking towards Towyn.
                      Nice photos.
                      I know this area extremely well as my late father came from Towyn (Tywyn) and I spent all of my summer holidays in Towyn when I was a kid with my grandparents. I return there several times a year, every year.
                      I would love to take photos from the high points on the Mach loop but I am physically unable to climb the hills.
                      I enjoyed seeing these photos

Stephen
                      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
                        Nice photos.
                        I know this area extremely well as my late father came from Towyn (Tywyn) and I spent all of my summer holidays in Towyn when I was a kid with my grandparents. I return there several times a year, every year.
                        I would love to take photos from the high points on the Mach loop but I am physically unable to climb the hills.
                        I enjoyed seeing these photos

Stephen
                        Thank you Stephen, if its any help ive had 9 slipped discs and had to retire from work due to that,I am always in pain everyday it just varies Corris has a veh wide path for 90% and Cad east you can drive up via a farm track (tarmac) parking is limited though. I you can walk up a set of stairs im sure you could make taking your time.Admittingly i do have 2 class A drugs (prescribed) for pain relief and do often need them to be able to help me get up nut i wont be a total slave to my issues, I still have lots of things i want to do and i wont give up having said that there are good and bad days, goods days im still in pain but get out and about bad days usually turn into long periods of 2 months where i cant even get down the stairs/struggle to go to the toilet etc. I have no idea what your ailments are but do keep a positive mind it helps.

Comment

Sorry folks but i dont want to do flickr as I never ever post a large sized image online nothing bigger than 1000 pixels on longest and 250kb.

Had to many images pinched/copied etc and im not a pc/internet expert so i just size them so there of no use.

Thanks anyway
                          I'm not aware of any minimum size limit on Flickr and several well known forum members only post websize images there.

Trouble with direct posting here is the upper limit appears to be a filesize of 60Kb. From images I've posted keeping under that does seem to take care of the softening issue but the overall quality still suffers a bit. At least posted at websize on Flickr they will usually appear here as you expect them...
                          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Two cracking shots

Paul

Comment

Thank you Stephen, if its any help ive had 9 slipped discs and had to retire from work due to that,I am always in pain everyday it just varies Corris has a veh wide path for 90% and Cad east you can drive up via a farm track (tarmac) parking is limited though. I you can walk up a set of stairs im sure you could make taking your time.Admittingly i do have 2 class A drugs (prescribed) for pain relief and do often need them to be able to help me get up nut i wont be a total slave to my issues, I still have lots of things i want to do and i wont give up having said that there are good and bad days, goods days im still in pain but get out and about bad days usually turn into long periods of 2 months where i cant even get down the stairs/struggle to go to the toilet etc. I have no idea what your ailments are but do keep a positive mind it helps.
                              Hi Mark
                              I have a degenerating spine with severe spinal stenosis effecting several vertebrae. This effects my ability to walk due to pain in my legs and hips. Inclines are most difficult even slight inclines. I am unable to lift semi-heavy objects, I can not stand stationary for long and can not sit stationary for too long either. I am in constant pain and like yourself I have some very bad days. Prescribed drugs are non-effective including morphine, nothing works so I just don't take any prescribed medication.
                              I remain very positive though despite having a disability. The old saying "no pain, no gain" comes to mind.
                              I no longer have a Canon camera and lenses as I had to sell them a few years ago due to financial issues but I am hoping to return in the near future.
                              Feel free to private message me (I'll give you my email in a private message). Maybe we can meet up one day.

Stephen
                              Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                              Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X