Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1DX Firmware

Hi guys, today i picked up my new (to me) 1DX
    The firmware tells 2.0.8 which i think is a little bit old as there seems to be a 2.0.9 and a 2.1.0 patch.
    Would it be safe to go straight to the 2.1.0, or do i need to do them both in sequence.
    I have done one before on a 7D, but i am not over confident, and i really dont want to mess it up.
    Cheers
    Pat.

Re: 1DX Firmware

Hi Pat,

According to the CPN site - the 2.1.0 includes recent previous Firmware update.

Cheers,
    Neil
    Neilly's Flickr Page
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

Hello Pat.

New toys and a 1Dx at that!

I am not aware that they must be updated in sequence. My understanding is that the firmware overwrites what was previously there, so there shouldn't be a problem. Also, to provide some reassurance, Canon would have put out a warning if there was a likely problem. Equally, if there was a problem, the unfortunate recipients would surely have highlighted the problem on the internet.

Make sure you have a fully charged battery fitted. Download the firmware and open it - you will see an update procedure folder and a Firmware folder. Copy and paste (or drag) the Firmware folder onto a previously formatted CF Card, or SD card for the 1Dx, but I always used a CF card. Remove both cards from the body and load the CF card with the new firmware. Press Menu and scroll to the Custom Function showing Firmware. Press that and it will ask you if you want to update the Firmware then follow the on screen instructions.

Good luck and enjoy your new 1Dx.
      Colin

Comment

One other thing - make sure you select the correct operating system - Windows or MAC OS
        Neilly's Flickr Page
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
        Facebook
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

Col MK one only uses 2 CF cards, no SD.

Incidentally Pat, welcome to being a 1dx owner, are you aware Canon also do help guides you can download onto a CF card and watch on the rear screen when out and about.
          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Col MK one only uses 2 CF cards, no SD.
            Memory failure ... got confused between the MKIV and the 1Dx.
            Colin

Comment

Thank you all for the help and info, its not something to mess about with for sure.
              As i get the time i will give it a go, i am a little busy at the moment so it may be a few days before it happens.
              I will deffo enjoy learning to make use of my awesome new piece of kit Colin, it is quite an upgrade from my 7D !.
              Also i picked up a 16-35 mk2 and a 100-400 mk2, both upgrades from my previous 15-85 and 100-400 mk1.
              Having had a difficult 3 years this is my personal little treat, mojo may be returned to normal service (hopefully).
              Thanks again guys.
              Cheers
              Pat.

Comment

Pat, I have the 100-400 mk2 and also the 1DX, so any questions I can help you with, fire away.

The tutorials I mentioned are here

Explore the Canon Digital Learning Center to find everything ranging from buying guides to training courses.
                Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks Tony, i will indeed have many questions for you in the coming weeks :)
                  Pat.

Comment

Hi again,
                    2.1.0 firmware installed camera seems ok
                    Again thanks for the help.
                    So much to remember, so much to learn, it should be fun
                    Pat

Comment

There are some quick guides to download and print off here to help you

Explore the Canon Digital Learning Center to find everything ranging from buying guides to training courses.

Comment

Thanks Tony, there is so much to read and watch on this kit, i worry my brain may implode
                        I had a walk today with the 100 400, very very cold and windy it was, not the best to try new kit out but hey ho.
                        This is a crop from a jpeg, if it works ! this combo is so superior to my previous set up.
                        Attached Files

Comment

This was at 400mm, straight from the camera,it would not have looked like this with my mk1 trumpet, i really strugled to get anything sharp at 400 with the mk1.
                          I still have an old version of paintshop pro which i use, it does not like the RAW files, it turns them all bright pink ! it was fine with the 7D but not the 1dx.
                          The files are fine as long as i dont look at them in pp, maybe time to upgrade to newer version.
                          Last edited by Yorkie Pat; 08-12-2017, 19:05. Reason: addition

Comment

[emoji106]

Di.
                            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                            Di's Flickr

Comment

Hi DeeGee, what is emoji106 ? is it good, bad, or indifferent ?

Pat.

Comment

Working...
                              X