• Show
Clear All

Lilly

Flickr
    Web Page
    Instagram
    Facebook

Re: Lilly

Works for me, though not sure about the blue at the bottom, I might have been tempted to lose that by darkening it down and the unnattached upper leaf tip to the right.

Your lighting is subtle but stunning.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Very nicely done
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Well composed and taken

Tom

Comment

Beautiful colour. Flowers can be tricky you need enough to get the detail but too much and you loose texture and colour. Agree about darkening the blue, it's a little out of place with the pink of the lily. But over all think you've cracked it. Lillies because of their dense leaves and petals have great texture from unfurling.

Have you consider placing the flower in a landscape format with it positioned to the right - black to the left and allowing the negative space to increase its impact?

Di.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Lovely lighting, Jonathan
            The blue pot didn't bother me, until others mentioned it. But now I've seen it...
            Canon EOS 7D
            EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
            Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
            flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys. They've given me a few things to play with the next time we have some lilies in the house
              Flickr
              Web Page
              Instagram
              Facebook

Comment

Working...
              X