Playtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playtime

This is a composite I recently completed. 10GB file... over 50 layers. Olive grove from Greece (as are the two models, although they were photographed in the UK), moon from the Greek isles, toadstool from my mother's garden on the Wirral, lighting effects from both Abu Dhabi and St Albans, dresses made from tulips. Lots of painting, dodging and burning. Liberal doses of Camera Raw, Topaz Impressions and Topaz Clean... Apart from that it was sooc (not... lol!) But all the elements were taken with my 5Diii!!!

Playtime by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Thanks for looking. CC very welcome

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Re: Playtime

Fabulous piece of work, love it

Cheers,
    John

Comment

your really getting very good at this excellent work.

composite work is something I would like to try one day, did you learn from YT channels ?
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thank you John!

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
        your really getting very good at this excellent work.

composite work is something I would like to try one day, did you learn from YT channels ?
        Thank you too Ian! I started doing research on YouTube, but it was all a bit haphazard. I got the basics, but doing anything more complicated while you are editing and watching YouTube always seemed too difficult. I found a course called Photoshop Artistry run by a guy called Sebastian Michaels. It is - he is - totally, gob-smackingly awesome. For the price you cannot beat it. He also feeds you oodles of materials to use in your compositions. Then I went straight on with his next course (which I am still doing) called Awake. There is some stuff which is very American, but the way he shows you how works of art are constructed, layer-by-layer, is eye-opening. There are 25 sessions which he makes available in fortnightly intervals, and which include "core" training about how to live a "Photo-Artistic" life, "technical" training on individual images and "bonus" material to use in compositions. I think it is brilliant. You do pretty much have to also follow the group on Facebook because there is a lot of mutual support there as well. If you are interested I would sign up for Photoshop Artistry right now and for Awake on Jan 1 (he starts it twice a year - Jan 1 and Jul 1).

Let me know if you take the plunge!

Best

Richard

See here: https://prophotoshopartistry.com/fbspecial
        Last edited by rcarca; 08-12-2017, 15:06.

Comment

$197 not cheap but looks good, although it does annoy the heck out me these sale's pitch pages they produce that just go on for every and every before you get a price, but then a BUT - you can now have it for $197...for me pages like this devalue a product rather than making you buy ...

I'll have think, but it looks interesting and I've got loads of images that I want to use composite work on...Although will have to buy some monks photos LOL

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

I agree! The pitch nearly put me off. But it’s worth it! I now use 99% my own photographs rather than buy stuff in. But there are loads of public sources!!!

Comment

cheers

Comment

Er wow, thats it, just wow!

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
                  Er wow, thats it, just wow!

Thank you!!!

Comment

Excellent work Richard

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                      Excellent work Richard

Tom
                      Thanks Tom!

Comment

I love this... when I've got time I'd like to do something like this. There's nothing for it. You're going to have to set up a youtube channel and do lessons. [emoji4]

Di.
                        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
                          I love this... when I've got time I'd like to do something like this. There's nothing for it. You're going to have to set up a youtube channel and do lessons. [emoji4]

Di.
                          Thank you Di... What a nice idea!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X