Kingfisher on a more natural perch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingfisher on a more natural perch

Here are a couple of shots of the same kingfisher as before but on a more natural perch, posted for comparison with the previous shots of it on the obviously man-made railing.

In my eyes, the first is definitely a bit busy background-wise but is at least as OOC (apart from a crop) and the second has some pretty obvious cloning done that I've tried to tidy up (but perhaps an area for improvement!) and is cropped a lot harder.

Kingfisher by Chris Trollen, on Flickr

Kingfisher by Chris Trollen, on Flickr
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Re: Kingfisher on a more natural perch

Very nice
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

the second is the better shot as the cloning has removed most of the distractions in the background, bringing the bird to the forefront

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Cheers guys. Whilst some of the shots I took at the weekend are the best KF shots I've managed so far, there's always room for improvement. I just need to spend more time there and have some patience. Plus the next stage, of course: with its lunch!
        Chris
        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Very nice

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom.
            Chris

Comment

I think you have to take what you can get with Kingfishers and accept if the background is busy then that's real, having said that, the 2nd shot has been improved by your work on it

Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul. The thing I'm most pleased about is to have found a local -ish kingfisher "spot" so I can return and be almost guaranteed to see one.
                Chris

Comment

Working...
                X