Rapid Camera shoulder strap - warning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapid Camera shoulder strap - warning.

I was fortunately holding my camera when the holding system of my "Rapid" shoulder strap gave way!! The lug at the end of the "hook" had pulled though the buckle and separated from the strap.

My strap is 3 - 4 years old. On examination I saw that the retaining lug (male) is round whilst the holding buckle (female) is oval. Although the lug was burred over at the edges it could now be pulled through and was, therefore, very insecure.

My "work around" is to place the hook through the buckle; it doesn't rotate any more but it is secure.

Owners of the Rapid shoulder strap - check your equipment!! Not doing so could be expensive.
    Mike in South Australia
    Cameras
    EOS 5Dlll and EOS 5DII
    Lens Tamron 24-70mm f2.8, and 70-200mm f2.8, Canon EF 17-40mm L f4, Canon EF 200mm L f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.8, TCs x1.4 II and x2 II, 12mm extender.
    Equipment Manfrotto Tripod with Really Right Stuff ball head, Speedlite 430EX and Yongnuo YN568EX, plus other bits and pieces.

Re: Rapid Camera shoulder strap - warning.

I have a black rapid shoulder harness ,and I long ago removed the carabiner clip from it and replaced it with a pair of op-tech clips ,these also have the advantage of keeping my lens and camera at a perfect centre of gravity as I walk about

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
      I have a black rapid shoulder harness ,and I long ago removed the carabiner clip from it and replaced it with a pair of op-tech clips ,these also have the advantage of keeping my lens and camera at a perfect centre of gravity as I walk about
      Can you post a picture of it if possible?
      Raj
      Raj
      Flickr

Comment

Glad there was no serious damage.

Di.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
        X