EOS M3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS M3 ?

Don’t see these mentioned much ,don’t even think the mag has done review ? Has anyone got one ,had one etc . I’m thinking of getting one as a walk around KISS type camera ,I have had a couple of the Mark 1 models and suitably impressed last one got swopped for a i.phone ,getting the urge again .HELP

Re: EOS M3 ?

Terrible things urges ......... leads to all sorts of extravagance!
    Colin

Comment

Tell me about it LOL

Comment

I had one, but then sold it on e-bay when the M5 came out. It is was a solid landscape camera, but like the M1 wasn't good for action images. What made it better than the M1 was the flip screen and the added controls on the camera, instead of the menu like the M1.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
          I had one, but then sold it on e-bay when the M5 came out. It is was a solid landscape camera, but like the M1 wasn't good for action images. What made it better than the M1 was the flip screen and the added controls on the camera, instead of the menu like the M1.

Tom
          Like Tom, I traded mine in when the M5 came out - the M5 is pretty well everything the M3 should/could have been
          John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

hmmm wait a bit time methinks then

Comment

For what it is worth I have both M3 and M5, the first bought when it was launched as an upgrade from an M. I have found the M3 a good travelling companion, a relatively small and light outfit with 3 M series lenses, but in the end I did succumb to buying the add-on viewfinder as much of my travel was in very bright sunny locations, and screen viewing became a little difficult.
              I have recently bought an M5 body only for that same reason, and the added benefit of more up to date firmware and focus speed. So far I have found it impressive but have yet to really test it in travel mode. I must say I prefer it to the EOS 100D and EF-S lenses I have also tried for travel.
              The pricing of the M5 in the UK is a disgrace, a real case of rip-off Britain. I bought my body in the end from H.Dew, as their price is not much more than 50% of Canon's price, and many UK retailers. WEX and Park offer it at discount, but still way above the Dew price. The point is that if Dew can import it, offer a free 3 year warranty, and still presumably make an operating profit, then someone (probably Canon) is making a vast profit on UK sales - I rest my case.
              Quentin

Comment

Amazing price at HDEW for the M5, bought my 300mm f4L Lens from them and have had no issues
                Last edited by Alan Campbell; 06-03-2018, 15:47.
                Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

I had the M3 but, like many people, gave up on it as soon as the M5 came out. The M3 is okay as a walk around camera so long as you don't need fast AF, good high ISO noise control and won't be using it in a studio. The software in the M3 is closer to the Powershot software on Canon compacts rather then the full EOS software.

The M5 is a much better camera - it does everything I ask of it and it does it well.
                  Find me at www.shutterbutton.co.uk

Comment

I bought the M3 to use with my macro lens ,from the testing I have done so far it handles that adequately .will I upgrade at a later date still sat on the fence . will the m50 with its eye focus and flip sideways screen be any better ?? at this moment in time I have what I need .

anyone used a canon 55-250 is STM with the m3/m5/m6 as it's supposed to be a really good match

Comment

I think now is the time to buy a M5. I just picked one up from WEX for £720 with 15-45mm (or £599 body only) and with Canon offering £100 cashback that’s £620. Bargain!
                      1D MkIV, 5D MkIII, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, EF 85mm f/1.2L II ** R6, RF 24-105mm f/4.0-7.1 ** M5, EF-M 11-22mm f/4.0-5.6 IS, EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS, EF-M 22mm f/2.0, EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS **** Speedlite 580EX II, Speedlite 430EX III-RT, Speedlite 470EX-AI, ** FD 50mm f/1.2L, FD 55mm f/1.2 S.S.C. ASPHERICAL, FD 50-300mm f/4.5L, FL-F 300mm f/5.6, FD 300mm f/2.8L.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Loin View Post
                        I think now is the time to buy a M5. I just picked one up from WEX for £720 with 15-45mm (or £599 body only) and with Canon offering £100 cashback that’s £620. Bargain!
                        Interesting - I've been thinking of an M5 but the M50, supposedly a step down, appears to have a better spec. There are also rumours of an M5 MkII.
                        If there is a new M5 on the way one wonders what the price will be!
                        Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Originally posted by bobowen View Post
                          Interesting - I've been thinking of an M5 but the M50, supposedly a step down, appears to have a better spec. There are also rumours of an M5 MkII.
                          If there is a new M5 on the way one wonders what the price will be!
                          I had the same dilemma, M5 or M50 but I went for the M5 for some of the following reasons. 4K video is of no interest to me, M5 has a larger and higher resolution LCD panel, it is more customisable (just), it’s better built and to be honest, I prefer it’s ergonomics and styling.

There’s always rumours of newer models on the horizon, but sometimes you have to just go for it if the camera does what you want it to do at the right price. Plus new models always cost an arm and a leg at launch!
                          1D MkIV, 5D MkIII, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, EF 85mm f/1.2L II ** R6, RF 24-105mm f/4.0-7.1 ** M5, EF-M 11-22mm f/4.0-5.6 IS, EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS, EF-M 22mm f/2.0, EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS **** Speedlite 580EX II, Speedlite 430EX III-RT, Speedlite 470EX-AI, ** FD 50mm f/1.2L, FD 55mm f/1.2 S.S.C. ASPHERICAL, FD 50-300mm f/4.5L, FL-F 300mm f/5.6, FD 300mm f/2.8L.

Comment

I have had an M5 for just about a year now, with several M series lenses, and it has successfully taken the place of all my DSLRs and lenses to my complete satisfaction.
                            I recommend it to all who are fed up carting round a heavy bag of equipment that they do not really need.
                            Just my opinion.
                            Quentin

Comment

Working...
                            X