Background Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background Material

Having bought one of those cheap light boxes a few years ago (collapsible) all the material is thin nylon, for the box itself, not an issue, however, the four coloured backgrounds are the same thin material, which have crease marks on them, tried a cool Iron, but to no avail, any suggestions as good material to use in place of the thin nylon? Thnx

Re: Background Material

Try a damp cotton cloth on top of the fabric & then press rather than just simply ironing.

Try other fabrics such as fine polyesters or even silk (more costly though), or even rayon’s but these tend to fray. Go to a decent fabric shop & have a look around you could always get it afterwards online if you find something more appropriate.
    Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Redgrape View Post
      Try a damp cotton cloth on top of the fabric & then press rather than just simply ironing.

Try other fabrics such as fine polyesters or even silk (more costly though), or even rayon’s but these tend to fray. Go to a decent fabric shop & have a look around you could always get it afterwards online if you find something more appropriate.
      Sue
      Thank you,
      Visited one local fabric shop, in end dress lining seemed a good choice, also in the four colours that came with the light box, polyester type material that can be ironed, under £10 for the 4 pieces inc velcro, sides can be stitched. I took the white background to get the right size.
      I will try pressing the others as your suggestion and see what happens.

Comment

Very glad you got a result.

I can usually help with most photographic issues, but on this one my mind went a complete blank. I needed to consult my expert, "She Who Must Be Obeyed" and she came up with the same advice as Sue, almost word for word.

Welcome to the EOS Form and I look forward to seeing some of your work.
        Colin

Comment

What I use is coloured card that I get from the Range, they do a host of colours in various board and paper sizes. Also easy to prop up rather than have to hang such as material.
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Background Material

Look at velvet, hessian and voiles to put infront of background colours to add depth.
            I always iron mine on the reverse, full steam.

If you don't want to buy card but want plain white. Look at a roll of wallpaper backing paper... comes in various thickness and obviously shades of white...but once dirty, tear off and start afresh. [emoji4]
            Last edited by DeeGee; 24-12-2017, 19:42. Reason: Adding info
            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
            X