EOS Software On Latest Mac OSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS Software On Latest Mac OSX

I have searched for existing threads on this topic to no avail but I apologise if somehow this is a repeat. Since updating the operating system on my MacBook Pro to the latest version I cannot use either EOS Utility or DPP.

The former package opens and then instantly closes with an 'unknown error' status.

DPP will open but displays any image as just a thumbnail with two diagonal lines across it - the image can be selected but then the 'open in edit window' option is greyed out under the main File tab. I have attached a screen shot of the first DPP issue.

Any advice on how to progress this will be much appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: EOS Software On Latest Mac OSX

I can't necessarily help with this one David, but I am most interested in the outcome as I will shortly update my iMac to the latest spec.

However, your screenshot was most interesting and I notice you are not running the latest version of DPP. May I suggest that you download the latest version of DPP version 4 and hopefully that may solve your problem.
    Colin

Comment

I don't use DPP but I do agree with Colin, update DPP as they will be built around the new systems so should work
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Hi just carried out a quick check having updated to 10.13.2 (High Sierra) and everything is working fine . DPP is a very underrated piece of software(IMHO).I cannot justify the Adobe commitment so I find DPP and then Affinity if needed suits me perfectly .
        All the Best
        Dave
        Dave , France 79

Comment

Check out macphun luminar. It's excellent and better than lightroom

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Thanks Ian
            Dave
            Dave , France 79

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
              I can't necessarily help with this one David, but I am most interested in the outcome as I will shortly update my iMac to the latest spec.

However, your screenshot was most interesting and I notice you are not running the latest version of DPP. May I suggest that you download the latest version of DPP version 4 and hopefully that may solve your problem.
              Hello Colin,

The upgrade to DPP 4.0 seems to have fixed that problem. I have also upgraded EoS utility but I cannot test that for some time as I am travelling away from home at present.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello Ian,

The upgrade to DPP 4.0 seems to have fixed that problem. I have also upgraded EoS utility but I cannot test that for some time as I am travelling away from home at present.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by David Mackay View Post
                    Hello Ian,

Thanks for your help.

Comment

You are quite right: DPP4 will not work with my High Sierra. However, to overcome this, I managed to get the High Sierra compatible DPP 4 from the Canon USA site. The only problem you may find when using this software is where to look for you images as these are buried deep in the bowls of the file structure on display in DPP 4. Try Useres>Library>Pictures then you will see folders named by date, e.g. 20180101, etc. Perhaps Canon will one day introduce us in the UK to the whole suite of EOS software for the High Sierra OS together with some easily identifiable links to folders and file names. Good luck.

Comment

Hmmm I only use photoshop and lightroom cc . Any pics I wish to keep processed I store in the macs photos program as j.pegs .no problems with anything just put my card in the reader and it loads into L/R by date . Probably not as pro as you guys but it works for me

Comment

Hello again. I managed to get DPP 4.7.20.0 from the Canon Europe site and this now works fine on my MacBook High Sierra 10.13.2.

I use the latest EOS Utility to load my images straight from the camera and so DPP just accesses these from my specified destination folder. I still can't use EOS Utility to load stuff from my old EOS 400D - Apple iPhoto has to be used for that and then I manually transfer the images (and they do take some finding) back to my own folder structure - the software works fine for my newer cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by David Mackay View Post
                            I use the latest EOS Utility to load my images straight from the camera and so DPP just accesses these from my specified destination folder. I still can't use EOS Utility to load stuff from my old EOS 400D - Apple iPhoto has to be used for that and then I manually transfer the images (and they do take some finding) back to my own folder structure - the software works fine for my newer cameras.
                            Why not use a USB card reader instead? That way you can use finder to just copy the files to wherever you want..
                            EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Working...
                            X