Beast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beast

Well some of you may know this shady character, or at the very least, recognise the avatar.

I have a need to take photo's. It chills me out, settles my brain, removes any frustrations from work or home and generally brings me back to being a reasonable human being again. So when the need descends and the weather is poor, I do some indoor stuff, or wind up Mr Adobe and fiddle about with some old pictures. So today I played the "what if" game in Photoshop and tried a few things with some older shots and that's where Beauty and the Beast came from. It seems a little bit harsher on here than Flickr, but that may just be the white surround here, rather than the grey surround on Flickr.

IMG_8854c by Colin Cross, on Flickr
    Colin

Re: Beast

I like the shot but sorry the processing just isn't working for me, even when viewed on flickr. Not really sure what you've done but the clarity looks like its been pushed too hard ...least for me
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

You are correct Ian, I did push the clarity and the grain. I like a bit of ruggedness for a male portrait and softness for a female.

It does seem very strange that I am viewing a big ugly B&W of me on the main page, with a teensy little colour version as my avatar.
      Colin

Comment

I can see where your coming from with the ruggedness look, just think maybe another way, although saying that I've never tried to make a photo rugged LOL... post the colour one up and lets have a play :)
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

So is this the beauty or the beast Colin? Like the processing

Tom

Comment

So is this the beauty or the beast Colin?
            One look at Beauty will tell you this has to be Beast. If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?
            Colin

Comment

Thought it was Crocodile Dundee for a second...

Paul

Comment

Working...
              X