Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OO gauge model under construction

platform consruction by tigerburnie, on Flickr
    One of my other hobbies, part of a 24 foot by 10 foot model of the Great Central Railway in Leicester in my loft, this is the south end of the cities now demolished station, around 8 months into it's construction. I guess it's going to be another year or more before it's anywhere near finished, I have built a lot of this from scratch using balsa, card and bits of plastic, I have even built one of the locos using a brass kit, scratch building the chassis from brass plate.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Re: OO gauge model under construction

That is amazing and I am rather envious. Owing to a very deprived childhood I never had a train set.
    Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin, still doing the wiring for the platform lights, so not finished and fixed down yet, the station platform is over 12 feet long, the track is an oval that will have a scenic countryside setting modelled on the track at the back of my parents house where I grew up.

Comment

I'm alway amazed by the level of detail these carry. Having done 1:12 dolls house items I know what hard work it is.
        [emoji106]

Di.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

I don`t own a train set , but like the photos hobbies-ts do of them , so hope we get some more as it develops .

Comment

I love trading, have an O gauge, HO gauge and a Z gauge that I set up every Christmas. One day I would like to spend the time setting up a permanent display. So well done.

Tom

Comment

Thanks guys, it's a tad cold in the loft just now, but I will runs some trains and try for some better quality pictures in the New Year.

Comment

Looking forward to that.
                Colin

Comment

This image is from another forum( a railway modelling one) showing the V2 locomotive I built, it requires a few fittings and painting to finish, it does run. It also shows my first attempt at station buildings, a bit rough and will be replaced. For those interested the story of my building of this can found here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/ind...cester-195565/. My layout is not as advanced as some, but it is a nice distraction when the weather is poor and I can't get out with the camera.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by tigerburnie; 26-12-2017, 17:19.

Comment

I would be so tempted to keep her in the original brass ....... just maybe polish her up a little.
                    Colin

Comment

One of my first hobbies ,that I have dabbled in and out of over the years ,still have the remains of a oval layout in the loft ,though the wife doesn’t like me going up there these days ,I may even have a small box of odds and sods you can have if I can find them .nothing in that game is cheap these days either . I have also dabbled with radio controlled boats during and after my spell at m.g.m studios on special effects ,must try and dig out some old pics if I can as well

Comment

Look forward to seeing those Jeff.
                        Colin

Comment

Re living old memories Jeff, found some old b&w negatives of steam locos I took as a youngster, you're not wrong about the prices some locos cost as much as a decent lens for goodness sake.

Comment

That gaugemaster double controller ain’t cheap either

Comment

Ebay Jeff, seems a good one though, when I look at what I would like to run a timetable, I shall need a tidy lottery win to finance it, this is a back burner thing to play with, still hankering for a F2.8 lens first.

Comment

Working...
                              X