There's allways one (or two).....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's allways one (or two).....

who think that their car is capable of swimming, despite the "Road Closed" signs at the top of the hill.

Torrential rain yesterday produced our usual flood under the railway bridge (Daisy M will recognise this bridge) and we had the expected crop of idiot drivers.

You can see from the debris on the road and the water mark on the bridge stonework that at its highest, the water was pretty well over the roof of the nearer car.

Every picture tells a story by John Liddle, on Flickr
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Re: There's allways one (or two).....

But the SatNav...
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Oops........

Comment

That's not your Merc is it John?

I used to keep a boat on the River Dart at Totnes and a slipway near the town would, in those innocent pre parking restriction days, often see cars parked on it for short periods. Occasionally, however, some would be left for longer periods only to drown when the tide came in Presumably this was by drivers who couldn't believe that a river 12 miles from the sea may still be tidal yet I'm sure that the experience (let alone their following conversations with their insurance companies and spouses) would serve as a reminder to check in future.

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
          That's not your Merc is it John?

Cheers,
          John
          Right colour - but no. We have had all sorts in this pickle, including the milkman and some local coppers in a fairly new patrol vehicle - both of whom should have known better!
          John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Yes I know where that is & maybe seen it flooded just a couple of times, but not sure I have seen it that deep.

Comment

Working...
            X