Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image management, EXIF and Keywords.

Hi Folks,
    Still working on getting everything right on my newish Windows 10 machine and wondering what people use to manage their pics? I always used Picasa as I didn't do a lot of Raw and it was great for looking through folders and editing keywords. Doing more Raw now and using DPP4 for editing but it has no EXIF editing or searching (Why? Just why?) which makes it a bit redundant if I have to use another program.

I'm far too tight to pay for anything, especially anything with a monthly charge, so was wondering what everyone else uses?

Cheers, Chris.

Edit.
    OK, so I just checked out Adobe Bridge. Image ratings in it don't show up in DPP so no use for finding best images to edit and the temperature of my PC just went up to 55c. That's not nice.
    Last edited by ChrisHume; 03-01-2018, 20:52.

Re: Image management, EXIF and Keywords.

Hi Chris,

If you put any one the web this freebie will read the EXIF for you, or if you use the browse facility you can read them on your PC.

Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

IrfanView will read the EXIF data, but not, as far as I am aware, allow you to edit it
      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

If you don't mind doing a bit of command line stiff, exiftool - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExifTool - can show and edit image exif data. It's not for the faint hearted though...
        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Is there anything here that might be of interest?

Emyr

Comment

This might be worth a look.... http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/exif_pilot.html
            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Hi folks,
              Thanks for the replies.
              After trying a few things it seems that Bridge is the simplest solution for keywording and searching, especially as it recognises keywords that I've already attached via Picasa. Slightly annoying to have to use two programs but that's probably just me being fussy.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Have you looked at ImageBrowser EX from Canon, it does display some of the Exif, but allows you to add Ratings, Tags, and Comments.

Haven't used it myself so don't know if it is what you need, but as part of the Canon tools you'd think the info would share with DPP etc.

John

Comment

Working...
                X