oops ,oh dear and words to that effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops ,oh dear and words to that effect

someone parked there car up today and went walkies (not me ) obviously not knowing about the tide times or heights .we also had a unexpected surge with it it was still coming in two hours after high tide time .we got marooned till it dropped and ended up in the pub .theres only one road in and out .birdy shots to follow

the tide is high by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Re: oops ,oh dear and words to that effect

It will dry out lol
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

possibly in time ,but unlike inland floods this is rather corrosive salt water .might cause a few problems with the electronics plus as it was facing downhill getting the exhaust covered will have let it get in the engine which is probably a aluminium block .oh dear

Comment

We see that a lot at Brean Down, just up the coast from me and on Burnham-on-Sea beach. Someone doesn't spot that the beach is really flat and the tide comes in before you can move the car. ...
        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Well spotted

Tom

Comment

I see it washes whiter than white... must be a DAZsun.. My heart goes out to them, I would be gutted
            Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Could do with a bit more room on the left, for it to float into .

John

Comment

Once rescued a couple on W.S.M. beach, Who got a bit carried away with their courting, not realising that the tide had come in.
                Last edited by Daisy M; 05-01-2018, 08:22. Reason: Left word out

Comment

It's easily done. I once took a hire car onto Daytona Beach on Florida, despite being explicitly warned against it by the hire company. Of course, I got bogged down in soft sand!

A couple in a Mercedes saw that I was stuck and came to help. Unfortunately, they also got stuck! Eventually, a Ranger came along and towed us out before the tide got us. I told him that I'd wait at the exit to the road for him which he seemed none to bothered about. However, I was good to my word and gave him $50 (I think) for which he was very surprised and grateful that I'd bothered. A few days later I dropped the car off at the airport, covered in sand, inside and out, but never heard anything from them.
                  Chris
                  80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

A whole new meaning to dipping your headlights.
                    Great image and well spotted Jeff.

Stephen
                    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X