Waverley Abbey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waverley Abbey

I started this off by using the same five bracketed shots as in the previously posted image in the Locations section.

Amongst other things, I did the RAW conversion in DPP before HDR-merging the images in Affinity photo, which by a stroke of luck markedly reduced chromatic aberration on the high contrast edges. I tidied a few things up, tweaked some areas with dodge & burn and replaced the sky.

Finally, when I had a source image I was happy with (here if anyone is interested) I ran it through the Silver Efex Pro plugin, fiddling with some settings to get the look I wanted.

Comments welcomed!

Waverley Abbey (B&W) by Chris Trollen, on Flickr
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Re: Waverley Abbey

A good composition and a fine subject for mono so worth the effort you put into the processing The only problem I have is the vegetation outside the windows isn't sufficiently tonally different from the masonry. The original colour is better in this respect but lacks the drama of the mono. Not sure what the answer is

Cheers,
    John

Comment

its an excellent shot and well done on the process, but I can see where John is coming from as the view outside is very similar to the inside so it means the great windows are getting lost - If it was mine I'd try pulling just a little green back into the outside just so it separates better from the windows
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks for the comments chaps. I can see what you mean (it's obvious now!) so will revisit at some point.
        Chris
        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Working...
        X