gear update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gear update

as some will know I have been doing a lot of chopping and changing with my gear of late ,basically I seem to have lost that magic touch ,and try as I might my deletions of soft or o.o.f shots has been beyond creditability .

as my main lens the sigma 150-600 sport is in daily use I decided to give it a test out using both my 1D3 jans 7D the results followed on at the same pace with a lot of unacceptable shots on a non moving target ..so as the lens still has some warranty left it was sent off yesterday to sigma to be looked at ,if they can find and rectify a fault then great it not at least I'll have peace of mind that its working o.k .as I have been getting the same results with a few different bodies lately .

next off the tests threw up the fact that when I put jans 400 f5.6 on the 1d3 the results there were also O.O.F and soft unheard of with that lens ,so as wex offer a 30 day change of mind policy I have also rejected that body and asked them to send another 1D3 replacement .it looks like I might have had two possibly faulty items working against one another ,for example look at the blackbird shot I posted pin sharp but the next 20 shots in sequence from the same distance were ALL soft .

I also have a sigma 150mm f2.8 o.s macro away for adjustment ,that was a bargain buy over xmas off of e.bay and apparently just needs calibration . it was this that made me wonder if the sigma sport had drifted out of alignment to hence my checking and testing .so no camera and one lens left at home ,will have to use jans if I feel the urge to get out

Re: gear update

I know that feeling sent my camera off to be sorted & unlike you my Jan has not got a camera so having to revert to my old sx20 if I get the urge.

Comment

Best of luck then Jeff, hope they sort it for you.
      Colin

Comment

Me to Colin

Comment

Be interested to hear how it all goes Jeff .

Comment

today had two calls from sigma first about a extra fiver on the macro lens as they forgot to add v.a.t ,so hopefully that will be completed this week ,second call asking about the actual problems with the sport lens ,rather hoping they don't find any but at least I'll have peace of mind either way . impressive service from them with good contact and they actually take the time to listen to you .
            and then this evening a e/mail from wex saying the new camera was dispatched today .hopefully that will be back in a couple of days again impressive service .

Comment

WOW double impressive service ,the new 1D3 body turned up at 8a.m today less than 24 hrs after they received my old one back .extremely impressed with wex and there customer service . The one I had previously came in a white box with just camera ,charger and battery ,the new one arrived in the proper canon box with ALL the bits and pieces and all the discs and paperwork .its also judging by the serial number a late model body in excellent unmarked condition . Tested it out and getting a high percentage of keepers from a hours walkabout ,posted a couple of images .pleased so far

Comment

Working...
              X