Grand Canyon & Monument Valley - Plus an old Warbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of our planets special places -- So if your in the neighborhood give them a "look-see" Added the Warbird because who doesn't like them -- Also just in case there is anyone still out there that thinks you cant take a 5DS to an Airshow & hand-hold it ---
    Attached Files
    5DS - 24mm 1.4 L II - 35mm 1.4 L - 50mm 1.4 - 85mm 1.8 - 135mm 2.0 L - 100-400mm L II

Re: Grand Canyon & Monument Valley - Plus an old Warbird

Nice images

What aircraft is that looks like a Sea Fury ?
    Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Yes -- A Sea Fury -- per the PA announcer the pilot had it going full-out at or around 400++
      5DS - 24mm 1.4 L II - 35mm 1.4 L - 50mm 1.4 - 85mm 1.8 - 135mm 2.0 L - 100-400mm L II

Comment

Beautiful set of images

Tom

Comment

Direct uploads never look good on this site so its not showing the landscapes in there full glory - cracking shot on the plane
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks for the tip
            Probably stuck with direct --
            Only keep the images on the PC

Comment

So much potential in these as the composition is great (especially the second) and you appear to have taken trouble over the processing but the real quality isn't shining through due to, as Ian said, direct upload. Use Flickr and we'll all get to enjoy what really are very nice images.

BTW Welcome to the forum

Cheers,
              John

Comment

YOU SEE --- It's not my fault ---
                My Mom had very lazy children
                But -- Almost anything for better quality
                I'll check it out
                Thanks for the kind words

Comment

That third one really hits home when you notice the figures standing there and their size.
                  Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Nice series , as Tony ^ said the vehicle and figures in the third give the sense of scale.
                    Peter

Feel free to browse my
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
                      Nice series , as Tony ^ said the vehicle and figures in the third give the sense of scale.
                      I agree
                      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Glad you all liked the photos -- That 3rd shot was taken with my all time favorite lens -- 135mm 2.0 L - Though my favorite It's one I don't really use as much as I would like to --
                        Now I'm sure this is the wrong place to ask all those basic "How To FLICKR Questions" but what the hell since I'm more or less new to this form --- Let's see if you allow me to get away with it ---
                        Getting into FLICKR is easy -- So easy I discovered - blame it on an old man's crappy memory - That I had already submitted a bunch years ago --
                        1) Do you cut the image down before you send it to flickr - or do you submit it @ full jpeg resolution ????
                        2) How in the hell do you transmit the image from Flickr to the EOS Forum & If you at that time cut the image down in size -- How do you go about doing that ???
                        In anticipation of an answer
                        THANKS !!!

Comment

My thoughts on your questions:-
                          1. Normally I export to Flickr at 1040pixels on the longest side. You could upload full size and use the Flickr resize options. However I have found that to do so created artifacts on the downsized version, e.g. halos on edges.
                          2. You copy and paste the B.B. code which is obtained via the “share” button (a right pointing arrow) from memory it is the third icon from the left at the bottom right of the Flickr screen.
                          Once you have copied the code on Flickr you then paste that code in to forum post that you are creating.
                          IHTH

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
                          Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Now you have me scratching my head ----- You see the the images I already submitted all were reduced in size by lowering the long side from 8,000 something to 2,000 something pixels -- In other words I submitted greater sized files then what I would have if I started out with files in in Flicker --- There must be a valid reason other then file size for using Flickr --- Is it the ability to magnify the image while in flickr???

Is North Yorkshire really Gods country --- I'm glad that place exists and for sure consider yourself LUCKY --
                            I only ask because without any rain and when you finally get it - It's the BIG WET --
                            California for sure is not God's country

Comment

Originally posted by dslr_shooter View Post
                              Is North Yorkshire really Gods country --- I'm glad that place exists and for sure consider yourself LUCKY --
                              I only ask because without any rain and when you finally get it - It's the BIG WET --
                              California for sure is not God's country
                              Apparently so (but a Lancastrian may tell you otherwise, just don't mention the war of the rose's ) But the overnight temperature here last night was -3.9c (24.98F).
                              Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Working...
                              X