Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grand Canyon & Monument Valley - Plus an old Warbird

Originally posted by dslr_shooter View Post
    Now you have me scratching my head ----- You see the the images I already submitted all were reduced in size by lowering the long side from 8,000 something to 2,000 something pixels -- In other words I submitted greater sized files then what I would have if I started out with files in in Flicker --- There must be a valid reason other then file size for using Flickr --- Is it the ability to magnify the image while in flickr???
    If the images you have posted here (in this thread) are direct off your PC/MAC. You could upload one of them to your Flick photostream and then add that one adjacent to the original at post 1 above. To do so you would need to go the post #1 and choose edit. The under the original of whichever image you upload to Flickr add a couple of line spaces and then paste the Flickr BB code there.

As summing that the original images you've posted here are direct uploads then as I understand it the Forum will have reduced the image size. This is to help people who may be viewing the forum on small screens and or phones. By using Flickr at an appropriate image size you overcome the forum resizing algorithms. But be careful as I have found that the Flickr resizing algorithms can creaate artifacts when downsizing jpg files.

In my previous response I from memory said the upload button was the third from the left, it isn't it is the second from the left, see below:-

Buttons.JPG

Then the Flickr BB-Code resize options after clicking the share button are as shown below :-

size.JPG

I hope this helps you, enjoy the California sunshine
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

OMG -- The War Of The Roses !! --- Now that's really impressive ----

Over here our attention spans are short and so are our memories --
      It's always all about the last TWEET !!

Will follow your recommendations
      Thanks for all of the advice
      5DS - 24mm 1.4 L II - 35mm 1.4 L - 50mm 1.4 - 85mm 1.8 - 135mm 2.0 L - 100-400mm L II

Comment

So I went ahead & did as you suggested -- upon pasting the Flickr BB code -- was told that my entry was invalid --- Just in case you folks can see just what is invalid --- The following is what I pasted hn ----

34 - Grand Canyon 2017 - Low Res by yrbstern, on Flickr

Any assistance at this point will of course be greatly appreciated
        5DS - 24mm 1.4 L II - 35mm 1.4 L - 50mm 1.4 - 85mm 1.8 - 135mm 2.0 L - 100-400mm L II

Comment

OMG -- IT WORKED --- Why did I get the invalid notice ????
          OH What the hell --- it's nice to be here
          Thanks

Comment

That sure is one BIG hole in the ground! Don't think you'd ever get me that close to the edge though...shocked.gif
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

That's a great image with stunning detail that can now be enjoyed on Flickr so well worth all the head scratching

Cheers,
              John

Comment

Thanks guys !!

Comment

Glad you got your Flickr posting sorted, you have some great images on there the interior images from St Petersberg are well worth a browse through.
                  Peter

Feel free to browse my
                  Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks for the Flickr help -- it turned out I was making the process FAR more complicated than it really is --- As for St. Petersburg -- Your being overly kind -- What came out of the camera just may qualify as "almost good enough" -- But what I did back then in post processing really sucks!! -- With all that "retired time on my hands" I probably should dig out the original raw & try some current reprocessing with better software
                    Again
                    THANKS

Comment

Working...
                    X