Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: London Bridge and thereabouts

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
    Wow, Richard, that last one is certainly special. Really like it, even though you've lost the sense of place (I wouldn't recognise it as being a bridge or that being the Shard at the back). So I suppose my worry is that it has great impact but less scope for creating future different images in the future.
    Yes, I know what you mean. But I still have the other iterations of it. It maybe that there is a happy medium. I know I am pushing at boundaries - even if they are only in my head - but I am enjoying the experimentation at the moment. I am going to start printing some big - indeed three of them (not necessarily shown here) will be going up on the walls of my local coffee shop soon... it will be interesting to see reactions!
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
      I am going to start printing some big - indeed three of them (not necessarily shown here) will be going up on the walls of my local coffee shop soon... it will be interesting to see reactions!
      That's where they belong!
      Should look fabulous,
      Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Originally posted by bobowen View Post
        That's where they belong!
        Should look fabulous,
        Thanks Bob!

Comment

That last one is my favourite! The others are suburb but clearly have a camera as their origin while this latest could be pieces of coloured glass arranged and fired in a kiln so they melt and fuse together. Jo Downs is an artist down here who uses that technique and we have a few pieces of her work. That said, she uses the sea as her inspiration and I'd much prefer to have yours made of glass and hanging on my wall.

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
            That last one is my favourite! The others are suburb but clearly have a camera as their origin while this latest could be pieces of coloured glass arranged and fired in a kiln so they melt and fuse together. Jo Downs is an artist down here who uses that technique and we have a few pieces of her work. That said, she uses the sea as her inspiration and I'd much prefer to have yours made of glass and hanging on my wall.

Cheers,
            John
            Thank you very much! I've no idea how you would go about converting it to glass! That said it will be printed under acrylic!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT

You should contact some of the companies whose buildings are in the shots, i could see them using them.
              I might just try that!
              You should, items like the first ones I could see hanging in their reception, or on the cover of one of their reports / brochures, or even used by themselves on their corporate christmas cards.

Same goes for the bus ones for use by the bus company.

Find out who they are, and then email their publicity / public relations offices and email a sample. you might even get commissions to do views of their buses / buildings etc
              Last edited by TonyT; 17-01-2018, 15:27.
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
              X