• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stonechat in the reeds

Stonechat in the reads by Carol Leather, on Flickr
    Regards,

Carol

Canon 5D mk ii, iii and 7D mk 2, 100-400mm L IS II, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, Canon L 100mm macro, Canon L 24-105mm, Canon 50mm f1.8,

Re: Stonechat in the reeds

I like that, some may say it needs a tighter crop - its just a nice picture, only comment pity you cut off the tops of the reeds on the left.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thank you Trev. I did get another similar image, albeit a little further away, where I got the tops of the reeds in. I am not sure that the reeds were quite as sharp though.

Stonechat in the reeds by Carol Leather, on Flickr
      Regards,

Carol

Canon 5D mk ii, iii and 7D mk 2, 100-400mm L IS II, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, Canon L 100mm macro, Canon L 24-105mm, Canon 50mm f1.8,

Comment

I like them both Carol, just shows the bird of in it’s natural habitat, good light as well.

Comment

perhaps a square crop cutting off some from the bottom and sides might help .we used to be able to do that on flickr I'll have a look see if I still can.

YEP you can go to flickr and float your mouse over your pic
          Last edited by the black fox; 17-01-2018, 11:22.

Comment

Very cool! I didn't know you could do that, Jeff.
            Regards,

Carol

Comment

the stonechat is rather too small in the frame even for an "environment shot" but it does make an attractive landscape

stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Carol View Post
                Very cool! I didn't know you could do that, Jeff.
                Bottom of the page find “tag” we used to use it a lot to point out items on each other’s pics ,one of the things that got pushed into hidden by the various improvements ? Over the years

Comment

Carol

Tom

Comment

The second is a big improvement on the first which looks a tad over sharpened and a bit noisy, esp on Flickr.

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                    Bottom of the page find “tag” we used to use it a lot to point out items on each other’s pics ,one of the things that got pushed into hidden by the various improvements ? Over the years
                    I'm still not sure how you did that! The "tag" option just allows me to tag the photo with a word or phrase.
                    Chris
                    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Working...
                    X