The wooden kingfisher made famous by Nathaniel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wooden kingfisher made famous by Nathaniel

I visited Slimbridge WWT today and took a photo of the wooden kingfisher made famous by Nathaniel back in July 2012 when he visited Slimbridge WWT together with myself and Colin C.

The Wooden Kingfisher in loving memory of our friend Nathaniel Ramanaden.

Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Re: The wooden kingfisher made famous by Nathaniel

Thank you for that shot Stephen.

To add a little context to the image, we had all spent some considerable time in the kingfisher hide at Slimbridge and didn't get a single showing of a kingfisher. Nathaniel was most disappointed, but on leaving the hide, he noticed the wooden plaque of the kingfisher and bagged a couple of shots.

With a big grin he announced that he had just taken is first ever kingfisher shots.
    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
      Thank you for that shot Stephen.

To add a little context to the image, we had all spent some considerable time in the kingfisher hide at Slimbridge and didn't get a single showing of a kingfisher. Nathaniel was most disappointed, but on leaving the hide, he noticed the wooden plaque of the kingfisher and bagged a couple of shots.

With a big grin he announced that he had just taken is first ever kingfisher shots.
      Indeed Colin.

He (Nat) was not only a gentleman but had a lovely sense of humour too.
      I did say a few words and shed a tear when approaching the kingfisher hide.
      It will always be Nathaniel's infamous kingfisher in mine and Colin's eyes.
      Bless him.

Stephen
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

That makes me smile. I remember when he was looking at some really cheap monopods and I offered him a spare Manfrotto Monopod and head I had, totally for free, I would even post it to him for free.. his response that he would go off and read some reviews on it then get back to me had me laughing... needless to say he had it.

Such a polite and friendly chap even though I never personally met him. Hopefully he is snapping Kingfishers galore now....
        Last edited by TonyT; 24-01-2018, 13:40.
        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post

LOL ...great
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
          X