SHOWCASE 2017 RESULTS - OVERALL WINNER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHOWCASE 2017 RESULTS - OVERALL WINNER

Please find below the top 3 entries for Showcase 2017.

I have put the top three this year, as one person was greedy and took the top two spots this year LOL.

Congratulations to the winner.

Here goes:

In Third Place:

Revised 3rd place following a disqualification.

LS0045 - Wastwater - Tony Hawkins

In Second Place:

NT0009 – Exterminator - ColinC

SHOWCASE 2017 WINNER:

MA0012 – Lunch Time – Colin C

Congratulations Colin – well deserved on both, and also well done Kemet for third place.

Interesting Stats Corner

16 people entered this year with 74 entries.

59 of the 74 entries received a vote.

Over half of the entrants received a vote for all five of their entries.

Everyone that entered received a vote for at least two of their entries (except the person that entered just one picture – but that did also get voted for).

27 people voted this year.

22 of the 27, selected the overall winner within their votes, so obviously it’s a great picture – as is everyone else’s we have seen.

Thank you everyone for entering, voting – without you, this would not work at all – here is to a successful 2018 for everyone.

On a final note

I would like to dedicate this years showcase to the memory of Nat and express my sincere condolences. He used to always be one of the first to vote and comment on the showcases. He was well known for enlightening us all with his regular local church updates and pictures and whilst I never had the fortune to meet him, he would always offer me, and I'm sure others, some good constructive feedback when asked. He will be missed by many on here. Rest in peace Nat.
    Last edited by Bhuna; 01-02-2018, 17:28.
    Andy
    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
    EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
    [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Re: SHOWCASE 2017 RESULTS - OVERALL WINNER

Firstly, thank you Andy for arranging / running the competition again this year, I swear it gets more difficult every year.

Secondly, very well done Colin, an awesome set of images sire!

Thirdly,really nice touch dedicating the showcase to Nat - still can't quite get my head around it.

.DAVID.
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Well done to all the winners, runners up and everyone for entering.

Andy, a sterling job as always and a nice deserved dedication to Nat
      Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Congratulations to Kemet and Colin. Three great images.
        What a wonderful thought to dedicate this to Nathaniel.
        Thanks again to Andy for all that he does for the forums showcase.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thank you so much for your very kind votes. I am sure that the other winners and runners up will agree with me that it means so much more because it is anonymous.

However, I should point out that Mrs C considers you all need psychiatric assistance if you voted for "The Exterminator", which she considers to be the most horrible shot I have ever taken, though in saying that, she doesn't know about the candid shot I took of her in her curlers ....... not a pretty sight!

Very well done to the other winners and runners up, very worthy bragging rights for a whole year.

Thank you once again Andy for shouldering the burden of this showcase and your very thoughtful and touching dedication to Nathaniel.
          Colin

Comment

A job well done Andy.

Congratulations to all the winners.
            Congratulations to the overall winner Colin C

Thank you for dedicating this years showcase to our good friend Nathaniel.
            He will be sadly missed.

Well done everyone.
            Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
            Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Congratulations to all the runners-up and winners - especially Colin - well-deserved.

I can't think of a more approriate dedication.

And once again, grateful thanks to Andy for stepping up to the plate - you are noble chap!
              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Although I didn't enter this year (ill spare you my excuses) I enjoyed reviewing and voting on the excellent entries. Well done Colin and Kemet and Andy for his sterling efforts again and sensitive dedication to Nat.
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Congratulations to Colin on his win, well deserved as were all of the images this year. Again a special thanks to Andy for putting this together and for the wonderful tribute to Nat. Nat will indeed be missed.

Tom

Comment

Congratulations, Colin for such beautiful winning images, and I'm not surprised at all that the winner ran away with it, it is stunning. And congratulations to Kemet also on a lovely 3rd place. It was also really nice to see some old favourites from through the year make an appearance.
                    Thanks again, Andy, a great job as ever, take a well deserved bow and a rest.
                    Canon EOS 7D
                    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Great images Colin, well deserved winner!

Thanks Andy for all you efforts in pulling this together and well done on the thoughtful tribute to Nat.
                      Andrew

Comment

Congratulations to Colin & Kemet, superb images & well deserved.

Thanks to Andy too for organizing the showcase again & lastly a nice tribute to Nat. RIP.
                        Les

Les Cornwell Photography

EOS R, EOS 6D MKII, EOS 100D, EOS50e, RF24-104 F4L, EF17-40 F4L, EF24-70 F2.8L II, EF70-200 F4L IS, EF100-400 F5.6L MKII, EF100 F2.8L IS, EF-S 18-135 STM, EF-S 18-55, GP-E2, 270EX, 430EX II, Kase & Lee filters.

Comment

Stunning photography.
                          Many congratulations to the winners.
                          Thank you Andy for running this for the forum once again. Hope to be more involved in the coming year and have something worthy of entering.

And lastly... wonderful dedication to Nat.

Di.
                          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                          Di's Flickr

Comment

Congrats to all who entered and a terrific winning entry from ColinC. Also a big thanks to Andy for organising and making the showcase possible!

Comment

Congratulations to Colin and Kemet for 3 outstanding images , recognition well derserved.
                              Steve ( LSINWP )
                              1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Working...
                              X