FoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FoCal

Hi All does anyone use this software?. If so thoughts views on it. Sorry put this in the wrong place.
    Last edited by Sleeveboy; 05-02-2018, 10:54.

Re: FoCal

I have it and have got mixed results, it seems to work better with some lenses than others, it's a fast way of calibrating your lenses but I have found that can get more accurate results by doing it manually with a home made target.

If you do buy it then you need the more expensive Focal pro version because the cheaper version has some important limitations.

Comment

I also use the manual method with a target.

A bit slower perhaps, but I can see the results as I gradually zero in an errant lens, or confirm the accuracy of a good one. Software just wasn't available when I first started calibrating lenses, so I am vey comfortable doing it manually and frankly, I don't see the point of buying software to achieve some that is so easy to resolve.

He, he Resolve ............ unintended pun there!
      Colin

Comment

I have just started to use it - seems to work well and settings easy enough to follow - simply dial in the mfa as and when you are told - tried it out in real time afterwards - images were spot on.
        I did use the 'old' manual method and this actually corrected it and made it far quicker in the long run - and allowed me to do 4 bodies and 4 lens a lot quicker. - I am happy with it but each to their own.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X