new toys and playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new toys and playing

as you might know I got the sigma 150mm o.s back from repair the other day , over the weekend I also spotted a mieke LED MK-FC110 ring flash on e.bay for the princely sum of £6.15 so I had a bid and surprisingly won it .it arrived today and after a initial unsuccessful trial I thought I had wasted my money .I then skipped through some reviews on amazon about them and found one buyer that knew what he was talking about .
    its simply a case of putting your camera in manual mode selecting a shutter speed of 1/125th sec and then simply adjusting light intensity . and my initial thoughts were it would simply be a video light ,wrong again it does actually flash and quiet nicely to . another little tool in the armoury if and when needed .I also have my godox l.e.d light panel as either full or fill in lighting .
    first play around pic as a sample
    macro play by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Re: new toys and playing

Nice Jeff, try a bit of white card or bacofoil to bounce some of the light where you get shadows forming.

Happy playing
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Hopefully tony I will be doing my macro outdoors once things warm up .i only did this to see how the ring flash worked ,surprised even myself

Comment

Jeff it seems a bit harsh with a pinky tint, but in fairness I'm looking at it on a laptop
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Cheers trev ,there actually is a pinky tint to the statue ? Probably cast in to represent flesh so don’t alter your laptop .well spotted sir

Comment

Nice shot. I've just dug mine out, will have to start experimenting

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X