half a sixpence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

half a sixpence

well the front half anyway ,having a play last night with the sigma 150mm macro plus sigma tc-1401 teleconverter and the newly acquired LED ring flash .quite pleased with the result ,still lots to learn but getting there

half a sixpence by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Re: half a sixpence

where you square on the coin? it looks soft top right
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Good shot, yes a little soft at 2o/c could be f5.6 is not enough? Even for something so small

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Wondering why you would want to put a t/c on a macro lens, particularly one with a relatively long focal length already.

It should be able to produce a sharp image across the frame at F5.6 see :
        Best digital cameras and lens reviews. If you are looking for the information about digital cameras and lenses you are in a right place. We have many professional tests of digital photography equipment.
        EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

It was hand held so not square on as noticed ,and Richard I was just experimenting to see what can be done .,also got a set of extension tubes to try yet ,just getting used to the equipment in reality

Comment

I have found that a 1.4x t/c is fine on a 100mm macro, only lose one stop, and I mostly shoot at f5.6 to 8 when hand holding so not an issue, you still get 1:1 macro and the extra reach can be useful on insects, add a ring flash or regular with a soft box and you're good to go

Comment

Question from a newbie - Are reversing rings any good, I have bought one and had no luck as yet. Everything is dark.......

Comment

Jeff

Tom

Comment

Reversing rings are fine...when you say everything is dark, what are you shooting, where, what settings? Hand held? Flash? Need some more info...also, you may need a lense that you can manually open up the aperture, as it may close to it's highest setting, as it won't be connected to the camera...not an issue on a tripod, just decrease the shutter speed/use a flash

Last edited by supergeeman; 02-04-2018, 21:29.

Comment

Working...
                  X